Chapter 83 - I Love You (1)

After Caesar and Xi Wei made their announcement on behalf of the royal family, early the next morning, the Imperial Alliance made up of the Glory Corps, the Cobra Corps and the long-hidden Night Corps quickly encircled the Cepheus galaxy’s five major space forts under Marshal Rosen’s leadership. They soon broke through the capital planet hypergate as well. 

At the same time, under General Byron’s personal leadership, the Morningstar Corps that had been lying low on the capital planet surrounded the presidential palace, and raided General Auguste’s home quickly enough to catch them unprepared!

The Allied forces soon routed the rebel troops under Auguste. They cut through all of Cepheus’s defense satellites like a hot knife through butter, and smoothly landed on the capital planet’s central star field.

The leader of the rebel troops, General Auguste, was taken prisoner, and the Imperial military’s internal strife was completely pacified within a week.

After many days, Xi Wei finally saw His Majesty Trand and Queen Anna, who’d been successfully rescued.

His Majesty had been hiding in the underground city at the Underground Alliance for the past few days, and he’d been unable to rest or eat in peace, so his face looked a lot thinner and paler than before. However, His Imperial Majesty’s dignity was still there, and just by standing there, he radiated an aura of power.

Marshal Rosen and the others bowed towards His Majesty until Trand nodded and said, “Thanks for your trouble, everyone.”

Xi Wei and Caesar walked quickly up to His Majesty, and when the king saw his two grown-up sons, a pleased smile finally appeared on his face.

“Father, Mother, are you alright?” The brothers asked in unison.

Queen Anna gently embraced Xi Wei and said tearfully, “We’re alright, what about you and Caesar? Did you get hurt?”

Xi Wei shook his head quickly and said, “Caesar and I are both fine.”

His Majesty Trand reached out and patted the brothers’ shoulders lightly. “Good job, you didn’t let me down.”

Their victory in the war and the reunion with his family made Xi Wei feel both excitement and joy. He hugged his thin and frail mother tight, then stood next to His Majesty and the Queen with Caesar.

Since the rebel troops had blown up the imperial palace under Auguste’s leadership, it had long since lost its former appearance. General Craig of the Royal Guard took men back to renovate it. His Majesty and the princes temporarily settled themselves at Berg’s residence.

Living temporarily at Berg’s house with his parents, Xi Wei felt that he had experienced the past few days as dimly as a dream. First Klaire, who’d been missing for a year, suddenly appeared, and right after that the Thunderclap Corps led a military coup. It was a good thing his father had foresight, and had long since made arrangements. They successfully got through this crisis without a mishap.

At that moment, Xi Wei suddenly particularly missed Klaire. He and Klaire had come to this world together, and they’d gone through so much together. It was a rare stroke of fate that had brought them together in two lives. Since he’d already seen his own heart clearly, there was no need to cover things up anymore. After Klaire came back, they’d discuss what they should do in the future.

There were a lot of things he had to deal with right now. Personal matters had to be set aside for now.

Xi Wei had made his decision, so he sent a message to Klaire: “After you come back to the capital planet, come to Uncle Berg’s house to find me.”