Chapter 31 - Growing up

Time passed really fast. The speed at which the children grew up left Emperor Tran and Queen Anna astonished. In a blink, the child whose short legs previously couldn’t reach the ground when he sat on the sofa had now grown into a slender young boy.

The story of Xi Wei’s life in St. Paul Academy could even be written into an inspirational novel for omegas.

When he was 9 years old, he and Klaire took the blue belt in combat test and stunned the alphas in the whole school.

At 10 years old, Xi Wei got the perfect score in a test about mecha driving theory which was known to be extremely complicated, once again shocking the whole school.

He joined the wilderness survival course at 11 years old. He went with the teacher and the other children in his grade to learn the skills of survival in the wilderness. Under the interception of countless intelligent robots, a lot of alphas gave up halfway. However XI Wei persisted until the end and even won the first place.

At the age of 12, St. Paul Academy offered a practice course on driving a low-level intelligent machine armor. Since His Majesty had told the headmaster to give Xi Wei the same courses as alphas, Xi Wei became the only non-alpha student in the school to ever participate in this driving class. As a result, Xi Wei drove his fiery red machine armor all over the place completely unrivaled, making the alpha learning operator’s expression looked unusually ugly.

Not only powerful in close combat, this omega’s ability to drive a machine armor is also really good?!

Only Klaire knew that it happened because Xi Wei had been reading books on the theory of driving a machine armor since he was very young, he basically started learning at least five years earlier than anyone else. While the alpha students were still trying to understand the various buttons in the machine armor’s cockpit, Xi Wei had succeeded in manipulating his machine armor to make various jumps, kicks, and rotations. The red machine armor driven by Xi Wei was like a burning fire. The alpha students who saw him immediately fled, trying to avoid him lest they be used as practice sandbags.

Of all the students in their grade, only Klaire and Carlo were able to barely keep up with Xi Wei’s driving skill.

Klaire because he stayed with Xi Wei every day, he had made rapid progress under the boy’s watchful eyes. He read all the books given by Xi Wei, and adding to that his rich experience from having lived a lifetime, he was able to advance together with him.

Carlo was born of the Berch family.

The old patriarch of the Berch family, Aston Berch, was the most famous machine armor manufacturer in the whole Empire, even His Majesty Tran’s S-Class intelligent machine armor, Lion King, was made by him. The descendants of the Berch family seemed to have inherited a talent for manufacturing and driving machine armors. Carlo’s performance in the machine-driving class was particularly prominent. Once in the cockpit, the alpha was no less aggressive than Xi Wei.

For this reason, Xi Wei, Klaire, and Carlo often practiced their driving skills together.

Carlo did not like omegas. In his mind omegas were weak, always needing others to protect and care for them. But Xi Wei was not the same, Xi Wei was a very special omega. Not only he was good at physical combat, capable of winning against a group of alphas in close combat, his driving skill level was also high enough to beat all alphas in their grade. Carlo grew up hating the weak and respecting the strong, so in his heart, Xi Wei also gradually became a friend worthy of respect.