Chapter 72 - The Little Attendants Klaire Sent

Since Klaire promised he wouldn’t disturb him, Xi Wei didn’t think about it further, and moved into the military base without any more qualms.

The next morning when he woke up, sure enough, the ground on planet Rennes was covered with a thick layer of downy snow. Xi Wei hadn’t seen it snow for a long time. He had Egret change into an ordinary hovercar, and drove him outside to go sightseeing.

A night of snowfall had wrapped the whole world in silver and white. All that entered his eyes was a field of dazzling snow. Large snowflakes were still fluttering about as they drifted to the ground. Xi Wei sat in Egret’s cockpit and looked at the beautiful scenery outside the windows, full of excitement.

Rennes was a barren and desolate planet at the edge of the empire. Besides the Morningstar Corps which Klaire had just led here to support the marshal and defend the planet, and a few soldiers stationed here long-term for mining, there were very few citizens native to the planet.

Compared to the bustling and lively capital planet, it was a lot quieter here. Especially after it snowed, the whole place was silent. It was like a paradise built of snow, hidden away from the outer world.

Xi Wei really liked the scenery here. After they arrived at an open field, he had Egret land on the ground, and he jumped out of the cockpit.

The temperature outside was very low. Xi Wei was wearing warm clothes, but his exposed hands felt chilled to the bone. Xi Wei rubbed his hands together and ran a few steps to warm up. He looked back, and the two guys who had followed him from the base were actually still behind him.

Offhandedly, Xi Wei shaped two snowballs and threw them into the distance. With twin thumps, they smashed accurately into the faces of those two people.

“...” Smashed in the face by a snowball, the officer looked at Xi Wei with a lifeless expression.

Xi Wei walked up to those two and said with a frown, “What are you doing following me?”

These two were obviously officers from the Morningstar Corps. They were wearing neat, midnight blue uniforms, and from the insignias on their shoulders, they should be senior colonels. They both had a tall and straight physique. They’d been following Egret all the way here.

At first, Xi Wei had thought they were carrying out a military task, and hadn’t paid attention. But as it turned out, when Egret stopped, their hovercar also stopped in the distance. When they saw Xi Wei come out of his cockpit, those two men also got out of their car. Xi Wei immediately realized that they’d been tailing him from a distance.

But those two men were really dumb enough. Xi Wei had shaped two snowballs and suddenly turned to throw them, and those two actually didn’t know to dodge. After getting hit head-on, they looked very comical with their faces full of snow.

“It couldn’t be that Klaire sent you?” Xi Wei looked over the two of them and asked coldly.

The darker-skinned officer saluted him respectfully and said, “Madam, the general was worried about your safety, so he had us follow you from a distance. Please be at ease, we won’t disturb you.”

“...” After falling silent for a good while, Xi Wei smiled and said, “What did you just call me?”

The officer looked blank, and said seriously, “Madam...Warwick?”

Xi Wei frowned. His right hand tightened into a fist, and he toppled the man with a sharp uppercut. He said in a low voice, “I haven’t married Klaire yet, do you think you can just call me “Madam Warwick” whenever you please? Your general hasn’t taught you how to talk?”