Chapter 23 - Companionship (III)

That’s just what Klaire was like in his past life. He always had a friendly smile on his face, but only those who knew him personally understood just how powerful his scheming ability was. Otherwise, it would be impossible for him to bring a three-liner actor to the peak of the entertainment industry in such a short time.

He had always been one to keep his composure. So, after realizing his feelings for Ji Ran, he did not rush to show them to the man lest he started keeping his distance from him.

But, the relationship between them now was just right.

Xi Wei knew that he was his former manager. In this strange world, only the two of them could understood each other’s past. Xi Wei would naturally be closer to him, and every problem he faced would certainly be consulted with Klaire first. Over time, Xi Wei would grow to trust him more, to depend on him, and then, Klaire believed that the time Xi Wei would fall for him was not that far ahead.

This “boiling frog in warm water” mode was more suitable for handling Xi Wei. For a guy with such a stubborn character, if one were to force him, or come on too strong, the only reward that person might receive was a broken nose from a punch—not the man yielding. In face of Xi Wei’s violent nature, using force was the worse possible method. The most effective choice would be using tenderness.

Klaire finally recalled everything. He had been given another chance in this lifetime; he absolutely could not mess up.

Only by taking a long-term approach would he have a chance to get Xi Wei’s heart, right?

Of course, the key point was to become strong enough to do so.

Although he was a pure lazybum who hated classes since childhood in his previous life, he could not go on like that in this new environment. If he continued to be like that, he estimated he would fail to get into a good school once he reached 18 years old. So…he had to work hard from now on.

Klaire walked to the classroom with these thoughts in mind. When he arrived, he saw Xi Wei whispering in Aiden’s ear. Aiden listened carefully and nodded at times; the two of them looked intimate.

Klaire’s heart was filled with a trace of vinegar, he walked closer to them and asked, “What are you whispering about?”

Xi Wei glanced at him and answered, “I was talking to Aiden about the fighting class in the afternoon. The class teacher said he didn’t have to take this class, but Aiden wanted to take a look.”

Aiden immediately nodded, “Yes, I’ll just sit on the side and look. Do you think the teacher will agree?”

Xi Wei gently rubbed the soft hair of his roommate and smiled, “Rest assured, let the class president talk to the teacher. I’m sure Teacher Tony will agree.”

Carlo who was sitting in the row in front of them turned back and frowned, “Let me talk?”

Xi Wei answered, “Of course, aren’t you the class president?”

Carlo looked at Aiden, “Your health is not good, why do you want to go to fighting class? Want to pass out again? Please just stay in the classroom.”

The sad Aiden lowered his head, his face turning pale.

Xi Wei frowned. But when he was about to speak seriously with Carlo, Klaire suddenly held onto his hand and shook his head, signalling him not to speak. The boy then stepped forward and patted Carlo’s shoulder: “You, come out with me for a bit.”