Chapter 82 - The Big Beast's Too Strong, the Alphas Are Dumbstruck

First thing the next morning, the two alphas Klaire sent escorted Xi Wei to planet Nami. However, just when they were halfway there, Uncle Berg gave him an urgent video call. “Xi Wei, don’t come to planet Nami, turn back immediately!”

Confused, Xi Wei said, “What’s going on?”

“That madman Auguste actually prepared an interstellar nuclear missile. He’s aimed it at planet Nami, and he’s going to blow it to pieces!” Berg said angrily.

Xi Wei was stunned. Humans had managed to develop up to the present for a reason. In order to avoid the harmful effects of nuclear weapons on the universal environment, as early as the founding of the Empire, the first emperor had banned the research and development of nuclear weapons. He hadn’t expected that for the sake of wiping out resistance, Auguste was actually crazy enough to use an interstellar nuclear missile.

This kind of guided missile was intensely lethal. Its advanced, high-grade positioning system could accurately reach the appointed coordinates through a hyperleap. Once successfully launched, it could straight out blow up a small planet, not to mention planet Nami, which was used purely for natural resources and didn’t have strong military defenses.

Right now, the Glory Corps, the Cobra Corps and Klaire were all on planet Nami!

If Auguste’s nuclear weapon successfully started up, it would wipe out absolutely everything—blowing everyone who was a threat to him into pieces!

Xi Wei felt a chill down his spine. He couldn’t help but ask worriedly, “Uncle, how’s your situation over there? Have you all evacuated?”

“Yes.” Berg nodded and said, “It’s a good thing we realized what Auguste was plotting ahead of time. Right now, all of the troops on planet Nami have already withdrawn to Hilter, a no man’s land. After we finish reorganizing, we’ll go to the Lyra galaxy to join you.”

Xi Wei finally let out a sigh of relief. “That’s good, then Sia and I will return to the Lyra galaxy to wait for you.”

“That’s right, after you return, immediately contact the Lyra galaxy’s television stations. The television stations on the capital planet are all under Auguste’s control. We need to make a media announcement of the reestablishment of the royal family as soon as possible.” Berg said seriously.

Xi Wei nodded immediately and said, “Don’t worry, Uncle, leave this to me!”

***

After they returned to the Lyra galaxy, Xi Wei had his little sister go home to wait for news. He personally went to Lyra’s central television station and informed the station director of his purpose in coming.

The elderly director looked at him awkwardly. “Prince, if you make a public announcement on a Lyra TV station, it’ll be like we’re openly opposing President Auguste…”

“President?” Xi Wei said coldly, “How many people have acknowledged him as president?”

“Uh...this…”

Xi Wei walked up a step and looked calmly at him. He said word by word, “The Glory Corps, the Cobra Corps and the Morningstar Corps are all standing on the side of the royal family. You can weigh exactly what that traitor Auguste’s odds of success are! What’s more, the “marshal’s last wish” he spoke of is just a baseless fabrication, the marshal isn't dead at all!”

“But...Your Royal Highness, I can’t just rely on your side of the story to open the TV station. The Empire has expressly stipulated that in order to make a public statement on TV, you have to pass through three stages of investigation…”