Chapter 17 - Recognition (I)

Time flies, and after recovering his memory Klaire was no longer as sleepy as before. He would listen attentively in class, and soon he was able to keep up with the teacher’s lectures . The first-year’s classes were so simple that Klaire could spend his days peacefully. He had been living in this world for five years, so accepting his new environment was not difficult for him.

However, the matter of Ji Ran was still an unplugged thorn in his heart. Whenever he thought of that name, he felt like his heart was stabbed by something sharp and prickly. Everything about Ji Ran was crystal clear and memorable in his memory. However, in his past life, he did not even have time to say  “I love you” to him; that was the biggest regret he had when he died in that car accident.

If he could really find Ji Ran in this world, he vowed he would never let go of that person ever again.

Klaire took his time checking some information while walking to school. Most of the Empire’s children who were born on June 21st lived in other distant galaxies, and gathering their details was certainly no easy task. After spending more than half a year, Klaire finally finished collecting detailed information on over 100 children born on June 21st, including information about their family circumstances, childhood experiences, personalities and hobbies, etc.

His attention was first locked on a child who had also gone to a psychologist when he was younger; a beta boy who lived in the capital star of the Empire. Coincidentally, the child’s home address was not far from Klaire’s home and his father worked as the battalion commander of General Byron’s army, Star Corps.

However, the child did not go to St. Paul’s Academy, but studied at another school in the capital star.

St. Paul’s Academy had a closed teaching environment and there were no holidays on weekends, so Klaire was unable to leave the school temporarily—he could only wait for the annual holiday after the end of the first year to find those children. Fortunately time flies, and the first academic year was soon coming to an end in the summer.

As the final exam was approaching, the students began to review their lessons nervously, except for Klaire who was somewhat absent-minded. One day after school, Xi Wei suddenly stopped Klaire and said seriously, “Klaire, why aren’t you doing any review? If you fail the exam you will have to repeat the year.”

The management system at St. Paul Academy was very strict. At the end-of-the-year exam, the full mark for each course was 100 points, while anything less than 70 points was deemed as a fail and those who did not pass must repeat the year. It would be difficult for Klaire to explain to his parents if he was held back, and it would also make General Byron lose even more face, so, as his childhood friend, the peacekeeping  Xi Wei decided to help him.

Xi Wei compiled the notes in his optical computer into a file and showed it to Klaire, saying, “These are my notes from Imperial History, the class you rarely paid attention to. During the next few days, just recite it everyday and I’m sure you’ll past the first exam.”

Looking at the clear eyes of the little boy in front of him, Klaire could not help but smile. He took the optical computer and said, “Thanks, Xi Wei.”

Xi Wei rubbed his head, “You’re welcome.”

Klaire, whose hair was rubbed until it became messy, said with some frustration,”Can you stop rubbing my head all the time?”