Chapter 74 - This Is Definitely the Effect of Pheromones

Xi Wei really had no alternative but to find an excuse to escape the monitor room. Klaire’s sappy confession made his cheeks feel hot, and when he was gazing at him tenderly, Xi Wei almost felt like his whole body was going to burn up.

—It was really terrible getting confessed to by your best friend twice in a row!

Xi Wei hated that he couldn’t dig a hole to bury Klaire in, who’d actually gotten his wires crossed enough to like his own best friend!

When he arrived at the lounge, sure enough, Aiden was sitting on the couch, eating fruit with a calm expression. When he saw Xi Wei come in, his eyes brightened. He immediately stood up and smiled, saying, “Xi Wei.”

Xi Wei walked over and gave his friend a light hug. He frowned and said, “Carlo actually had you help send Joen over, what if you’d met with an accident on the way?”

“I wouldn’t have. My father gave me a travel permit. I just said that I was going to travel out of boredom, no one would be suspicious of me.” Aiden patted Xi Wei’s shoulder. “Relax.”

Unexpectedly, when Aiden turned for a look, he found that there was a light imprint on the back of Xi Wei's neck. It had been several days and the mark wasn’t that distinct anymore, but with one look at the shape you could tell it was the imprint of an alpha’s teeth.

Aiden couldn’t help but ask, “You got marked?”

Xi Wei: “......”

He was clearly wearing a turtleneck sweater, and even then he was found out. Aiden really deserved the full score he had gotten on the Ellen Academy graduation exam.

Xi Wei coughed twice and said, embarrassed, “It was an accident.”

Aiden asked earnestly, “It was Klaire, right? That’s great, I wish you two all the best.”

“...What do you mean you wish us the best! I said it was an accident!” Xi Wei hurried to explain.

Aiden had an expression full of understanding. He took Xi Wei’s hand gently and said, “Actually, I’ve known for a long time that Klaire likes you. You were able to meet someone who loves you deeply, so you have to treasure it.”

“...” Xi Wei looked away with a headache, and changed the topic. “How are you getting along with Carlo?”

“It’s still the same.” When he spoke of his alpha who had the clumsy mouth, Aiden couldn’t stop a smile from rising. “He’s so long-winded all day long, nagging about this, worrying about that, hating that he can’t clip me to his belt and carry me around with him.”

“It looks like you two are getting along pretty well.” Xi Wei smiled and said, “When are you planning to get married?”

Aiden’s eyes darkened a little and he said, “He wants to hold an official wedding at the end of the year, but I don’t want to make the wedding public. We had a fight over it just a few days ago.”

“He dared to argue with you?” Xi Wei asked, surprised.

“He didn’t argue with me, he just hid away sulking, thinking that I didn’t want to hold a public ceremony because I didn’t like him, feeling hurt by himself for a few days.” Aiden didn’t really understand what that alpha was thinking. He smiled helplessly and said, “You know my dad’s true identity is the older brother of Hooper, the head of the Rose Corps. If I hold a public wedding, my dad has to come. I’m worried he’ll get recognized by somebody, and it’ll stir up unnecessary trouble.”

Aiden paused and then continued, “My father and I have lived peacefully for all these years. I don’t want anybody to break that peace. I hope Carlo can understand.” Although his tone was gentle, his gaze was very firm. It was clear that he really cared about his dad’s hard-won peaceful life, and he didn’t want his dad to be implicated because of him.