Chapter 63 - I've Known Klaire for More Than Ten Years

When Carlo returned home that night, he still felt as if he were walking on clouds, light as a feather. He could still feel the warmth of Aiden’s body in his arms, and the sweet smell of Aiden’s shampoo lingered in his nose. Standing in his bathroom, Carlo suddenly felt uncontrollably excited, and laughing foolishly, he fantasized about the beautiful scenes that would take place when he married Aiden. He definitely had to throw a big wedding. When the time came, he’d take Aiden up in his mecha and fly a loop around the entire capital planet. He’d let the whole empire know that he had married a good wife.

As for after the wedding...how many children should they have? Of course, the more the better.

Carlo was just washing himself while fantasizing about his happy life in the future, in a joyful mood, when a knock sounded at the bedroom door. Only his father and him were living here right now, so the person knocking had to be him. Carlo dried himself off and carelessly wrapped a bathrobe around himself, and went to open the door. To his surprise, standing at the door was not only his father, but also his uncle—the current commander of the Cobra Corps, General Drew Bech.

“Uncle? How come you’re here.” Carlo looked at the tall man wearing a neat uniform in front of him, a little confused.

Drew said seriously, “Go put on some clothes, and meet us in the living room.”

“...Oh.” Carlo obediently turned and went to change clothes. He couldn’t help but wonder what this was about. His uncle was usually busy with military affairs, and rarely came here. Today he came together with his father. You could tell at a glance that they had something important to announce. Exactly what could it be? Why would they need to come over in the middle of the night to tell him?

When came to the living room with his clothes changed, the two brothers were talking about something. When they saw Carlo come over, they stopped talking at once. Carlo took the initiative to pour three cups of warm water. He handed one each to his father and uncle, and left one for himself, drinking it slowly. Drew looked at his neatly dressed nephew and said, “Today, your father and I went to the Imperial Palace. Do you know what His Majesty summoned us for?”

“I don’t know.” Carlo paused and then guessed, “Could it be something to do with the Cobra Corps?”

Carlo’s father Derek frowned slightly and said, “Don’t just guess. His Majesty summoned us to discuss your marriage.”

“Marriage?” Carlo looked at his father, wide-eyed with surprise. “His Majesty actually cares about my marriage?”

Derek said in a low voice, “Years ago, your uncle married Prince Berg. His Majesty intends to cement old ties by having you marry Prince Xi Wei.”

The water in Carlo’s mouth sprayed out, almost splashing onto his father’s face.

Derek’s face sank slightly. “Do you need to get so worked up? Do you still have any manners?!”

Drew smiled and smoothed things over from the side. “Brother, don’t be too strict with Carlo. When young people hear that they can marry a good wife, it’s natural for them to get excited. Back when I learned that His Majesty had agreed to my marriage with Berg, I was so excited I ran a good few laps around the house.”

Carlo: “...”

Please, he wasn’t excited, he was scared stiff, okay?!

Have him marry Xi Wei? Are you playing a cosmic joke on him? It’d be better to kill him!

Carlo had a face like he wanted to spit blood. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down for a long while, then asked with a bitter expression, “Father, you won’t agree, right…”