Chapter 64 - Klaire! How Come You're Back?

Due to Xi Wei and Carlo’s firm opposition, His Majesty Trand could only give up on the idea of matchmaking the two of them together. Carlo could finally pursue Aiden with peace of mind. After he returned to the capital star, he went to the Cobra Corps according to his family elders’ arrangements. During the day, he studied the corps’s management and operations under his Uncle Drew, and at night he slipped out secretly to meet Aiden. He was busy as a bee all day long.

Aiden felt that after Carlo graduated and returned, he became more and more mature and thoughtful. He was very considerate of him; when the weather turned cold, he’d always tenderly shelter him in his arms, and when the place they were walking to was a bit far away, he’d worry that he’d get tired, and insist on carrying him. Aiden was happy to be carried. So every evening, on the boulevard near Randy’s house, you could see the scene of a tall alpha carrying his omega and slowly walking along.

Carlo had never expected that after always disliking omegas when he was little for being troublesome and needing someone to take care of them, he’d now feel that no matter how he took care of Aiden, it wasn’t enough. If Aiden just gave a small cough, he’d be worried to death that he was in poor health and he’d get sick again. He hated that he couldn’t have Aiden turn into a cute little palm-sized version of himself, so he could carry him around in his pocket every day, and be together with Aiden at all times.

The two of them dated for a while, attached at the hip, and their relationship naturally advanced by leaps and bounds.

On Christmas Day, the two of them celebrated around the Christmas tree. The atmosphere was great, so Carlo felt bold enough to give Aiden a kiss. The latter didn’t resist, but took the initiative to kiss him back. The two of them held each other and kissed, unwilling to let go. If it wasn’t for the setting not being right, Carlo wouldn’t have been able to hold himself back from marking Aiden on the spot.

After a few days passed, it was New Year’s Day. Carlo once again boldly took out a ring, knelt down on one knee in front of Aiden and said, “Aiden, I can feel that I'm in your heart. You should like me too, right? This is my second time proposing to you, do you have the heart to reject me a second time?”

Faced with his shining eyes, Aiden couldn’t help but smile. “How do you know you're in my heart?”

Carlo said very directly, “Because I carried you, held you, and kissed you, and you weren’t against it, but were very happy instead.”

Aiden found that in front of him, he couldn’t help the corners of his mouth rising. He deliberately hardened his face and said, “Did I? I’ve liked smiling since I was small. It wasn’t because I liked getting closer to you that I smiled, you’re thinking too much.”

Carlo dejectedly dropped his head. “Is that so...and I was thinking you liked me. This just means I haven’t been good enough to you. I’ll do better in the future.”

Hearing his wronged voice, Aiden’s heart finally softened. He put away the thought of bullying him, smiled and rubbed his head. “I haven’t said no.”

Carlo’s eyes suddenly lit up. “What did you say? You...you’re really willing to put this ring on?”

Aiden smiled and reached out his hand. “Help me put it on.”

“...Okay! Then I’ll put it on for you.” Because he was too excited, the hand Carlo had the ring in was trembling slightly. The fingers Aiden stretched out in front of him were slender and fair, beautiful to the extreme. Carlo lightly kissed the back of his hand, and only then managed to calm down. He slid the silver diamond ring onto the ring finger of Aiden's left hand.

There was a saying from long ago that the ring finger was connected most closely to the heart. By putting a ring there, you could encircle the other person’s heart.