Chapter 52 - Growing Up

Aiden didn’t believe in Carlo’s confession at all. After all, Carlo was someone who had kept saying “Omegas are so annoying” ever since he was small. Aiden was really disgusted with his scornful attitude toward omegas, but he had a mild temperament, and wasn’t willing to argue with Carlo. So up until now, his approach had been to keep a respectful distance from him.

So when today, Carlo stood before his sickbed and said suddenly, “The person I like is you,” Aiden naturally thought it was a joke. He didn’t take it seriously, and didn’t want to pay him any attention.

Carlo sat impatiently at his bedside, watching Aiden drink porridge, and when Aiden finished his bowl and still didn’t say anything, Carlo scratched his head and said, “Didn’t you hear me? I said, I, I like you…”

“I heard you.” Aiden smiled and said.

Carlo flushed. “Then how come, how come you didn’t respond?”

Aiden was quite puzzled. “How should I have responded?”

Carlo: “...”

As he was saying that, General Craig walked in, holding some fresh fruit he had just bought. The tall man walked to his son’s bedside. He gave Carlo a glance, then disregarded him. He put the fruit on the table, then asked Aiden softly, “Do you want to eat some fruit? There’s the five-star fruit you like.”

“Okay.”

Craig passed some fruit to his son, and rubbing his son’s head, said, “I just asked Louis, and the results of this morning’s examination were all normal. The surgery was very successful, and after a few more days of observation, you can be discharged.”

Aiden originally disliked other people touching him, but for the last few years, Craig had shown him a lot of love and care. The heat his father’s palm gave off made him feel very warm. So when Craig touched his head, he didn’t avoid it, but sat there quietly and let him stroke his hair.

Watching this scene, Carlo was jealous to death. He wished that he could change shape and turn into General Craig’s palm.

After Craig finished feeding Aiden two five-star fruits, he found that his son’s classmate Carlo was still sitting there and hadn’t left. Craig looked at him and said, “You’re the one who was admitted to military school at sixteen, Carlo from the Bech family?”

Carlo thought that his future father-in-law was about to praise him, and his face brightened. He immediately said, “That’s right, I’m Carlo!”

He didn’t expect that Craig would frown and say, “St. Romia Military Academy’s regulations are very strict. What excuse did you use to take leave for this?”

Carlo stared blankly, scratched his head and said, “On, on the leave application, I said that someone in my family was ill…”

Craig said severely, “You’re part of the imperial military now, you shouldn’t tell lies!”

Carlo: “...”

At the time, he was afraid that the school wouldn’t approve his request for leave, so he wrote that someone in his family was ill on his leave application, and even made it out to be a serious illness. If you said this matter was a big deal, it’d be a big deal, and if you said it wasn’t, it wouldn’t be. If the school really did look into it, and found out he had lied, they might mark it down on his record.

With Craig’s warning, he realized the seriousness of this matter, and hung his head, ashamed.

Aiden saw how his father’s words had left Carlo hanging his head, and he couldn’t help but feel some schadenfreude. You looked down on omegas since you were small, but you’ve got nothing to say now, have you?