Chapter 65 - His First Time Holding Hands with a Man....

Chapter 65 — His First Time Holding Hands with a Man, and It Was with All Ten Fingers

Klaire returning so suddenly to the capital planet really was out of Xi Wei’s expectations. According to reason, after going to the Glory Corps to study under Marshal Rosen, he shouldn’t have been able to come back before three to five years were up. That way, Xi Wei could rest at ease with the excuse of “I have to wait for Klaire to come back” to avoid the marriage his father wanted for him.

As it turned out, Klaire returned after just a year of staying at the Glory Corps. Although he was pretty happy to see his old friend, when he thought about how he’d have to face the marriage his parents were forcing on him again, he got a splitting headache. He hated that he couldn’t just pass out until all of this was over.

The expression on Xi Wei’s face went from surprise, to joy, to dismay. Klaire saw it all, and he couldn’t help but find it funny at heart. He reached out involuntarily and rubbed his hair softly, asking, “What’s wrong? I’ve come back and you’re not happy?”

Xi Wei hadn’t managed to reply yet when Carlo spoke over him. “Of course he’s happy. Klaire, you don’t know that Xi Wei spent all day telling his father his heart held only you, and he had to wait for you to come back. Now that you’ve finally come back, Xi Wei’s clearly too excited, so excited he can’t even speak. Right?”

Xi Wei gave him a ferocious glare. “Shut up!”

At the side, Carlo felt some schadenfreude. Now that he had a beauty in his arms himself, he was happy to watch the entertaining show Xi Wei and Klaire were putting on, just like how Xi Wei had often watched the show he was making before.

Aiden, on the other hand, smiled and minded his own business sipping tea, holding the attitude that this had nothing to do with him.

“You don’t give me a word in advance before coming back?” Xi Wei finally came back to himself and sat down, asking with some bewilderment.

Klaire sat down next to him self-assuredly and said, “I wanted to give you a pleasant surprise.”

Xi Wei looked back at him and asked, “How long are you going to stay on the capital planet to visit your family? You’re going back to the Glory Corps with the marshal in a few days, right?”

“No.” Klaire heartlessly denied Xi Wei’s beautiful fantasy, saying, “I’m not leaving this time. The marshal thinks I’m pretty much done learning, and he intends for me to go to the Morningstar Corps and stay on the capital planet.”

Xi Wei: “...”

So to say, he wasn’t leaving? Xi Wei’s face immediately turned bitter.

At the side, Carlo held back his laughter until his lungs were about to explode. He knew very clearly that the words the prince had said to His Majesty were only excuses, and Xi Wei regarded Klaire as only a good brother. If Xi Wei found out that Klaire liked him, when the time came, there’d definitely be a fun show to watch.

The meal ended under a strange atmosphere. The number of meals the four of them had eaten together from childhood until now were too many to count, but during this meal, Xi Wei couldn’t taste what he was eating. Klaire had come back, and his once surefire excuse wouldn’t work anymore. He started to worry about how he was going to explain this to his father when he returned to the palace.

After they came out of the restaurant, Carlo took the initiative to carry Aiden on his back, waved at the two of them and said, “We’re going out for a date, you two do as you like.”

This guy really couldn’t live for a moment without showing off PDA. He was eager to let the whole empire know that Aiden had agreed to marry him. That smug air of his really made Klaire itch to kick him.