Chapter 53 - Banquet

On the surface, this so-called ceremonial banquet was to celebrate the prince coming of age, but everyone was well aware of His Majesty’s true purpose in holding the banquet. According to the established custom, if the prince turning eighteen was an omega, they would naturally invite unmarried alphas from suitable families to attend. The prince could use the pretext of the banquet to get to know them a bit, and choose an alpha he was satisfied with. If everything went smoothly, it was common to propose and hold the wedding ceremony right after the banquet.

However, the tradition that had been passed down for hundreds of years in the royal family had been broken at His Highness Berg’s banquet. His Highness Berg had naturally late development, and it was said that his pheromone levels at age eighteen had been very low. There had been no way for him to marry and bear children, so he had become the member of the royal family who had married latest, up until now.

Xi Wei’s situation was similar to Berg’s. The matter of him showing a pheromone level of zero at the Ellen Academy freshman health exam had long since spread to the capital planet. Everyone was very curious about this omega who had a violent temper and late development. Today, they finally saw the eldest prince they had heard about with their own eyes, and they unexpectedly found that he had grown up to be very good-looking. But most of the alphas who didn’t know him that well still held on to a wait-and-see attitude. They didn’t dare to get close to him for fear that they’d be beaten up.

His Majesty led Xi Wei into the center of the hall. The gorgeous crystal chandelier above their heads brightened up the entire banquet hall. As the person playing the leading role at tonight’s banquet, Xi Wei, wearing exquisite royal robes, instantly attracted the gazes of everyone there.

Trand pulled up Xi Wei’s hand, smiled and said, “My firstborn son, the eldest prince of the empire, Xi Wei, has finally reached eighteen years of age today. We’re holding this banquet to celebrate the occasion of the eldest prince’s coming of age. Everyone, don’t stand on ceremony. I hope we can all enjoy ourselves to our heart’s content!”

His Majesty said a few opening words and left the banquet hall, handing it over to the young people.

The guests attending this banquet were almost all alphas. There were only three omegas here. Besides the birthday boy Xi Wei, there was also his good friend Aiden who was inseparable from him, and Klaire’s younger brother, Kevin. Kevin hadn’t come of age yet. He came to the palace for the sake of finding his good friend Princess Sia, and he stopped by the banquet to look around a bit and satisfy his curiosity.

Seeing Xi Wei dazzling the crowd at the center of the hall, and seeing his brother’s heated gaze fastened on his figure, Kevin couldn’t help but scoot over and say, “Brother, do you want to take him as your wife?”

Klaire smiled. “What do you think?”

Kevin said, “Mom and I support you. Since I was small, I’ve always felt that only the eldest prince could match up to my brother.”

Klaire gently touched his brother’s head and said, “You really know how to say things. Have you satisfied your curiosity? Go find Princess Sia then. It’s all alphas here, it’s not proper for a minor like you to stay behind.”

Kevin stuck out his tongue, and holding his sketchbook, he turned and walked away.

Aiden, meanwhile, had been quietly sitting in the corner from start to finish, drinking red wine by himself. He had come of age, and his father let him drink wine tonight. Aiden tasted some red wine curiously, and the red liquid wetted his lips, setting off his face so it looked even fairer.

Although Aiden wasn’t as dazzling as Xi Wei, his tranquil, gentle temperament stood in strong contrast to the noisy ball. To the surrounding alphas, he also held an intense attraction that couldn’t be ignored.