Extra 3 - Prince Dylan's Childhood

Prince Dylan's birth made the grandparents on both sides boundlessly happy. Their fondness for this child reached unprecedented heights. They cradled him in their hands and were afraid he’d fall, and held him in their mouths and were afraid he’d melt. They fed him the most nutritious food and dressed him in the best clothes, and still felt it wasn’t enough. When he hadn’t even reached a year of age, His Majesty prepared to build him a luxurious independent villa, so it’d be easy for him to marry a beautiful, gentle omega after he grew up.

Xi Wei vetoed his father’s plan without hesitation. They could dote on the child, but they couldn’t pamper him too much. Otherwise, if they spoiled him until he developed a problem, who could say but he might turn into the devil incarnate after he grew up? With His Majesty’s support, wouldn’t he be able to turn everything upside-down?

It was a good thing little Dylan seemed pretty well-behaved. He didn’t cry or make a fuss, he just had a strong sense of curiosity. Whenever he saw something he had to reach out and grab it, and his little hands were always holding on to something strange. Once empty-handed, he got restless.

For example, the flowers and plants growing at home, the decorations hung on the walls or set in the rooms, the mecha parts he found at Uncle Brian’s place, the craft supplies he took from Uncle Aiden’s place, the rare books Uncle Caesar collected in his study, and even the raw beef in the kitchen…

Xi Wei was lost for words with this kid. Whatever he saw, he had to grab. He could even ferret out the raw beef stored in the kitchen and use it for a toy. You’re so incredible, why don’t you just soar up into the sky!

Xi Wei really wanted to spank him, but Klaire shielded his infant son, laughed and said, “Little kids are all like this. Our son has a strong sense of curiosity, which means he’s eager to learn.”

Xi Wei believed what he said for the moment. What’s more, his baby was still small, and he was actually reluctant to beat him. All he could do was leave him alone and forget about it.

Dylan kept growing. After he’d grabbed up everything in the house he could grab, he seemed to lose interest, and started crawling around on the ground.

He’d clearly reached the age where he could walk, but he wanted to crawl instead. Every time Xi Wei pulled him up and tried to have him walk properly, he had to crawl back down like he was a mollusk. He got all of his new clothes completely filthy, and there was often a bunch of mud stuck to his little face!

When he saw this little creature crawling back and forth on the ground, Xi Wei really wanted to aim a kick at his behind.

—Can’t you walk properly?

—Is it that much fun crawling back and forth?

Xi Wei was one for cleanliness. When he saw his son covered in mud, he could only drag him to the bathtub every night before bedtime.

As it turned out, this kid wouldn’t quiet down even sitting in the bathtub, and just had to play with the water. He babbled and laughed and used his little hands to splash all the water and foam in the tub onto the ground. He got Xi Wei so angry he had shooting pains in his head.

—It sure wasn’t easy raising a child.

—Especially a naughty brat like this one.

But every time this little fellow opened his jet-black eyes up big, waved his little hands and threw himself into Xi Wei’s arms, shouting “Daddy” childishly, Xi Wei couldn’t help his heart softening.

Actually, the little fellow was pretty cute.

He was his own flesh and blood, after all, so if he was naughty then he’d just let him be naughty. He might become more sensible after he grew up.