Chapter 38 - Birthday Gift

Aiden was already fourteen years old. His body hadn’t fully developed, but his features were very similar to Randy’s. You could tell with a glance that they were related. When Craig looked at the pair of omegas in front of him, one big and one small, his heart softened immediately. He really wanted to run out and buy the best things in the world to gift to them.

It was just a pity that Craig didn’t know how to please an omega. He had learned how to give flowers from his friend Anderson, as well as other key points of dating. Today was his first time trying out his advice. Randy was hugging a big bouquet of flowers, and neither happiness nor anger was evident in his expression. Craig snuck a glance at him, coughed, and said, “Come on, let’s go eat.”

As he spoke, he led the way and started striding forward. His steps were long, and his back was ramrod straight; he vividly displayed the disciplined air of a soldier.

Randy looked at him walking dignifiedly forward, and could only helplessly take his son to follow him.

Tonight he had come out to eat in private, so Craig hadn’t brought any of the Royal Guard with him. He had driven the hovercar here himself. The car's interior was very roomy. There was even a sofa, which Craig had just exchanged for a blue one in the last few days. He thought that Randy seemed to love the blue color of moon orchids, so he changed it.

“Why don’t you sit down?" After they got on the car, Craig gestured for Randy and Aiden to sit, then brought out a plate of fruit for them to eat. Randy wasn’t too reserved. He took up the knife and cut a slice of fruit for his son to eat, then stroking Aiden’s hair, asked with concern: “How has your health been lately? After you took Dr. Louis’s new prescription, did you feel any better?”

Aiden said, “Much better. This medicine has a lower dosage too, I only have to take one pill a day.”

“That’s good.” Randy paused, then reminded him, “When the semester starts I’ll give you some more to bring to school. Remember to take it on time.”

“I will, Dad.”

Listening to their conversation while he stared at the GPS, Craig couldn’t help but feel his heart ache. This child had been ill ever since he was born, constantly relying on medication to manage his disease. No wonder his face looked so pale, and his body was frail and thin.

Craig turned his head to look back at the two, and caught the scene of Randy smiling and caressing his son’s hair.

The two of them sat close together, enveloped in a warm, affectionate atmosphere. It made Craig’s heart instantly melt. He wanted nothing more than to walk over and wrap them up in his arms.

At that moment, Randy suddenly lifted his head and asked: “Where are we going to eat?”

They were fast approaching Noah, one of the most famous restaurants on the capital planet. The restaurant’s kitchen was located on the ground, but each private dining room floated in the air. Robotic waiters delivered food in hovering carts to the rooms. Sitting in the floating rooms, customers could enjoy the beautiful view of the city’s bustling nightlife.

After Craig parked the car, the three of them entered the restaurant. Craig announced his name at the front desk, and a robotic hostess soon walked over: “Welcome to Noah. General Craig, the room you booked is number 0825 in Section B, please follow me.”

The three of them followed the hostess and rode a floating platform to their room. When Aiden walked in, he was stunned. It was very spacious inside the private room, and the decor was luxurious. Three large, cushy sofas of different colors were arranged around an elegant crystal table. On the table was a cake with fourteen unlit candles.