Chapter 62 - It Felt so Warm Staying in His Arms

The alpha female officer who came to escort Klaire was named Jenny. She was the major general who commanded the Glory Corps vanguard. With a practical short haircut and a black military cap, she looked very valiant and formidable. This was Klaire's first time coming into close contact with an adult female alpha... She really was a tough woman, with sharp eyes and an imposing manner.

However, Klaire wasn't overwhelmed by her imposing manner at all. He only politely walked behind her, his expression and footsteps completely unhurried.

Jenny surreptitiously sized up this young man. The marshal had seen many battlefields through the years, and had developed a cold and tough way of handling matters. Usually, when he wasn't busy, he liked to stay alone in the control room to think over things. Outside of officers from the guard barracks or high-ranking Glory Corps officers, he would admit very few others, much less a nobody who had just graduated from military school like Klaire.

Although Klaire was General Byron's son, that didn't merit a personal meeting with the marshal. Jenny felt very confused about the marshal's decision.

When the two of them arrived at the general control room that steered the Glory Corps mothership, Marshal Rosen had an interstellar map open before him and was carefully consulting it. Jenny gave the marshal an official salute, and said clearly, "Marshal, I've brought Klaire."

Rosen turned, and Klaire also immediately saluted. "Marshal!"

Looking at the youth full of health and vigor in front of him, Rosen nodded his head with satisfaction, his gaze carrying a hint of appreciation. "Klaire, I once said that you have a talent for command, but that only means that your starting point is higher than others. How much you'll grow in the future is up to you." As Rosen talked, he took a step forward and lightly patted Klaire's shoulder. "Welcome to the Glory Corps. I trust that you'll be able to learn many things here." Rosen looked back at the female officer with the dashing profile and said, "Major General Jenny, you'll be Klaire's mentor from now on. He'll stay with you in the vanguard camp for half a year, and then I'll come see the result."

Although Jenny was quite surprised inside, she didn't go against the marshal's order. She immediately saluted and said, "Yes!'

Klaire also felt rather astonished at heart. From what he understood, the Glory Corps's vanguard had the greatest combat strength out of all the troops in the empire. It was like a sharp blade breaking through all obstacles, cutting down anything in its way. Although the vanguard repeatedly made great military achievements, its soldiers also had the greatest rate of casualties. Whenever there was fighting, the vanguard would be the first to arrive at the front lines. Klaire really didn't understand why the marshal would send a student who had just graduated directly to the front lines.

Seeming to have noticed the doubts of the young man in front of him, Marshal Rosen gave him a rare gentle look and said, "I've already told your father General Byron about this arrangement. His opinion was the same as mine. You're still young, and it's a good thing to get more experience on the front lines. Don't worry, Major General Jenny will ensure your safety... How about it, are you willing?"

Although the marshal hadn't said it outright, Klaire soon understood what he meant. The empire had so many talented young people; Klaire felt very honored that the marshal had sat up and taken notice of him. What's more, with the experience of enlisting in the Glory Corps vanguard, his father would have more justification for giving him a position when he returned to the capital planet.

After he thought of this, Klaire stood up right away and seriously gave the marshal a sharp salute. "Yes, Marshal!"

Rosen nodded and said, "Go then, don't let me down."