Chapter 4 - The Truth (I)

Usually, if someone were to have a childhood friend who was born on the same day as them, people would think it was a lucky thing-especially when their mothers were very good friends as well. According to normal development, the two small children should have grown up together. They would become really good friends in the future, the kind that would stick with each other through thick and thin.

But the problem was, although Xi Wei had a baby’s appearance, he was reborn with a complete memory from his last life. His IQ was that of an adult man, and so, he was not interested in playing with children.

Klaire was really active as a child. He liked to move around a lot, especially when he was trying to get close to Xi Wei.

Xi Wei’s crib was large, which made it easier for Klaire to crawl around. More often than not, Xi Wei would slap and push him to the side, but he never gave up. After he was pushed, Klaire would roll a few laps, then tried to climb back to Xi Wei’s side-he would scratch at Xi Wei’s neck, grasp Xi Wei’s fingers, even come up to kiss Xi Wei’s face sometimes, always trying in various ways to express his feeling to his favorite person: Xi Wei.

And it was getting on XI Wei’s nerves.

Queen Anna and Mrs. Grace often saw the two children fighting in the crib. Xi Wei would come over with his fist raised, and always accurately hit on Klaire’s nose. Although a child’s fist held no strength and it was not really painful, even after repeatedly being defeated and beaten by Xi Wei, Klaire incredibly still persevered to climb and crawl in order to get close to Xi Wei.

Grace could not resist saying: “Klaire seems to be very fond of the First Prince,”

Anna smiled and said: “Yes. I don’t know what will happen when they grow up, but if they can get married, that would be great. ”

Xi Wei: “…”

Wait, Queen, don’t you think something is very wrong here? Two boys getting married??

Hearing this, Grace smiled and said: “The First Prince’s marriage should be His Majesty’s decision, right? And when he reaches adulthood, it will be up to the Omega Association to see the genetic match for him. Our family’s Klaire might not be that lucky.”

Anna’s smile gradually faded, she bowed her head and said: “You are right, Xi Wei’s marriage, I have no say in it…even though I am his mother.”

Seeing her depressed expression, Grace reached out and held her hand, comforting her gently, “Queen, no one knows what will happen in the future. Even if they do not end up as a pair, I believe that these two children will still be able to be good friends.”

Anna looked back at the children who were fighting in the crib and smiled , “I hope so. Grace, I have nothing to do every day in the palace, so if you have time, please bring Klaire over to play. ”

Grace smiled and said, “Of course, I will visit the Queen more often.”

***

Grace and Queen Anna were very close friends, and she often brought her son along to visit the Queen. So, in Xi Wei’s memory, almost all of his early childhood was spent doing a hand-to-hand combat with Klaire.

Klaire, this little guy, was really annoying. It was as if he thought of Xi Wei as a very fun toy. Every time he saw Xi Wei, his eyes would light up, and he’d try to kiss and hug him. Xi Wei really wanted to kick him down. However, his crib had a very high guardrail, so his goal of kicking the other baby down could not be realized for now. The only thing Xi Wei could do was to endure it reluctantly.