Extra 5 - Belated Happiness

After the chaos of wartime was over, the Imperial Palace, which had been destroyed, began the process of rebuilding. As the head of the Royal Guard, General Craig carried heavy responsibilities. He’d been busy to the point of exhaustion for several days straight, and hadn’t seen Randy in a month.

Randy, however, didn’t send him so much as a word of greeting over text.

It was like this before as well. When the two were together, they were as close as family, and once they separated, they were like strangers who didn’t have anything to do with each other.

Sometimes, in the dead of night, Craig couldn’t help but think—did Randy really care about him?

The first time they had met, it was by accident, in the middle of chaos at Ellen Academy. Without even seeing each other’s faces clearly, they’d rolled in the sheets for a night, causing Randy to get pregnant and give birth to Aiden.

Afterwards, when they got together, it was for the sake of curing Aiden. Now, they had three children together, but Craig still couldn’t understand at heart—was Randy in love with him or not?

If a normal omega was willing to let an alpha mark him, it would usually be because he liked him. If an omega was approached by an alpha they didn’t like, they would fiercely resist.

But Randy was different. He had a very open-minded view on this, and whenever he needed it, he wasn’t shy at all, and readily slept with Craig on his own.

In the years that they’d been together, the two men had slept together countless times. Whether it was for the sake of having children and saving Aiden, or because Randy wanted it, every time, Randy was always very unrestrained in bed, and let Craig savor the experience. He hated that he couldn’t screw him until he couldn’t get out of bed, or straightforwardly eat him up and swallow him down…

But as soon as the passion passed and they calmed down, there always seemed to be a layer separating them, and he could never touch his innermost heart.

Randy was financially independent. His handicraft shop was doing better and better, and there were hundreds of millions of crystal coins in his savings. It was enough to spend for eight lifetimes.

Craig, as an alpha, didn’t earn as much money as him. On top of that, Craig wasn’t a romantic, gentle kind of alpha, and he didn’t know how to curry favor with his own omega.

He didn’t lack anything when it came to buying gifts.

He didn’t have much interest in taking him to go shopping and watch a movie.

It was only when he gave himself up for Randy to push down that he seemed a little bit happy…

Sometimes, Craig felt that he was the saddest alpha in the whole empire. He actually had to rely on his body to please his omega; if you said this out loud, it was simply too disgraceful!

After a sleepless night, General Craig was in a bad mood. Early in the morning, he left the Imperial Palace with dark circles under his eyes.

Randy didn’t contact him on his own, but he couldn’t give him the silent treatment in return. He loved Randy so much, after all, that he could only swallow down the bitterness in his heart by himself.

He drove his hovercar to Randy’s house, and found the gate locked. Craig knew the password, so he opened the door and went in. The large courtyard didn’t have a single human in it, just a few robots watering Randy’s flowers. The robots recognized him, and didn’t put up any defenses when they saw him go indoors, instead treating him like the owner of the house.