Chapter 66 - Klaire's so Cool, He Got a Promotion!

His first time meeting the parents went exceptionally smoothly. Queen Anna found him pleasing to the eye no matter how she looked at him, and even His Majesty Trand, who hadn’t felt sure about him, had changed his point of view.

After Klaire left, His Majesty Trand took Anna’s hand in a complicated mood. He said in a low voice, “After hearing what Klaire had to say today, I actually felt a bit guilty. Maybe I’ve been overthinking this. The two of them are truly in love, but all I’ve been thinking about is the position of the royal family versus the Warwick family…”

Anna comforted him softly. “Your Majesty, you don’t need to blame yourself too much. After all, Xi Wei is a prince. You didn’t dare to let him marry just anyone because you loved him too much, and were afraid he might get hurt. Xi Wei will understand. They’re still young right now, and since they’re happy with each other, I think we can just set an engagement for now. It’s no big deal if we put off the wedding for a few years.”

Trand nodded and sighed softly. “I hope Klaire won’t make Xi Wei unhappy.”

Xi Wei completely hadn’t expected that after Klaire met his parents once, he’d actually make His Majesty and the Queen start discussing engagement. He’d basically jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Following his mother’s wishes, Xi Wei took Klaire to the door. He was intending to let go of his hand, but Klaire suddenly leaned close to him and said, “Don’t let go for now. There’s members of the Royal Guard behind us. If you let go of my hand as soon as we get out of the door, they’ll be suspicious.”

Xi Wei could only nod and walk hand in hand with Klaire all the way to the palace gates.

When it was time to part, Xi Wei patted his shoulder lightly and said, “Thanks for your trouble acting.”

Klaire found it tremendously funny at heart. Xi Wei was such a straightforward guy; he’d never expect that he’d been sold, and was even helping the seller count his money. Afterwards, when he knew the truth, wouldn’t he be furious enough to show his fists and beat him up?

But after liking him for such a long time, having the excuse of acting to get closer to him was a chance that was hard to come by. It would only be right for him to grasp this opportunity. After he thought of this, Klaire smiled, reached out and hugged Xi Wei. He said softly, “Do you still need to stand on ceremony with me? If you need something in the future, find me anytime.”

Xi Wei felt a little awkward inside. Although they were both men, since he was an omega, his genetics didn’t let him grow too tall. He was shorter than Klaire by half a head, so when he hugged him like this, he was pulled tight against his chest.

He was probably thinking too much, right? Why did this hugging position feel like he was protecting him?

Xi Wei scratched his head and banished the strange thoughts that had suddenly risen up in his mind. He smiled and patted Klaire’s back, saying, “Alright, if you keep being sappy like this I won’t be able to take it. I didn’t think your acting would be this good… It’s late, you should hurry back.”

“Okay, goodbye.” Klaire smiled and let go of him.

Bluestar suddenly jumped out. The blue star turned into a little claw, and he reached for Xi Wei and said, “Your Highness, what about Egret? I want to say goodbye to Egret.”

Xi Wei was speechless. “Why would you need to say goodbye?”

Bluestar twisted around shyly and said, “Aren’t we acting? I think my acting is pretty good too. Egret and I can act as lovers. That way, the owners and their mechas would be two pairs of lovers. Don’t you feel it’s very touching?”