Chapter 68 - Klaire Looked Very Innocent: "This Is Me Caring About You."

His Majesty had invited no small number of honored guests to the eldest prince’s engagement banquet. Xi Wei resisted with difficulty the urge to escape, keeping up the act with Klaire. They toasted the guests together, and Xi Wei drank a lot. Though this much wine was nothing to him, he quick-wittedly pretended to be drunk in order to avoid people forcing him to drink more. He pretended to be unsteady on his feet, and walked with one hand holding on to Klaire.

Klaire knew all about him feigning drunkenness. Without batting an eyelid, he held Xi Wei up and took him to a corner of the banquet hall, letting him sit down on the sofa to rest a bit. He got him a plate of his favorite snacks.

It was much more quiet in the corner. Xi Wei loosened his tie and took the snacks from Klaire. He said while eating, “This is really the most tiring show I’ve ever acted out.”

Klaire moved closer to him and said, “It’s a shame you can’t get an award for it.”

Xi Wei looked back at him. “Don’t gloat, aren’t you just as tired?”

Klaire smiled slightly and didn’t answer. To tell the truth, he wasn’t a bit tired. He’d be willing to do anything if it meant he could be together with Xi Wei.

Just as they were talking, they suddenly saw two tall young men walking over to them. One of them had short blond hair, fair skin, and dashing looks, with a shallow smile hanging on the corner of his mouth. The other had short black hair like Xi Wei and strong, handsome features. It was just that his expression was really bad, looking as if someone owed him money.

The number of times Klaire had come back to the capital planet over the last few years could be counted on his fingers. Added onto that, children changed a lot after growing up. He only felt that the two young men before him looked very familiar, and couldn’t recognize exactly who they were.

It wasn’t until the dark-haired boy opened his mouth and called Xi Wei “Brother” that Klaire reacted. The boy in front of him should be the youngest imperial prince Caesar, the alpha little brother that Xi Wei was fond of.

Then Caesar’s little buddy was evidently Uncle Berg’s alpha son Brian, who according to the family line, was also Xi Wei’s cousin.

“Congratulations on your wedding, cousin!” Holding a glass of red wine, Brian said, “It’s fine to fool others with a cheap trick like pretending to be drunk, but don’t lie to us. Who doesn’t know you’re someone who can drink a thousand cups without getting drunk?”

“What’s a kid doing drinking red wine? Go change it for a cup of cider.” Xi Wei glared at him impolitely, frowned and said, “Also, I’m not married, this is an engagement, an engagement, understand?”

Brian smiled. “It’s practically the same. You’re getting engaged now, and next year you’ll be married. The year after that, you’ll be cradling a son, and I’ll get promoted to an uncle.”

Xi Wei flicked him hard on the forehead. “You spend all your time not studying, what crazy thoughts do you have in your head?”

Brian looked very innocent. “Aren’t I being happy for you? You’re this violent, it wasn’t easy to find someone who'd have you, you know?”

“You looking for a beating?!” Xi Wei clenched his fist and struck a posture like he was going to hit him.

Brian immediately covered his head reflexively. “Don’t hit the face!”

“...” His thrown-out fist stopped in midair. Seeing him covering his head, Xi Wei couldn’t help but laugh. He decided to let him off for his uncle’s sake.