Chapter 11 - Monster Class (I)

Probably because he was still too weak, Aiden soon went back to sleep. Xi Wei stayed with him in the ward until Kelly, along with Aiden’s father, Randy, came back not long after. When Randy saw his child sleeping peacefully, he took a seat on the bedside and stretched out his hand, gently stroking his son’s hair.

The relationship between this father and son looked very warm, but Xi Wei had a strange intuition that Aiden’s parents were certainly not simple.

Otherwise, as an Alpha and Omega pair, why would they have Aiden as their only child after so many years? Take Queen Anna and King Trent as an example, as an Alpha-Omega couple with good feelings between them, on average they would have children every two to three years until the Omega’s physical condition could no longer bear it. Omegas in estrus had very high chances of becoming pregnant—that was why the five-year-old Xi Wei already had two sisters, Alicia and Xi Lin. It was strange for Randy to only have one son, Aiden.

Aiden was an only child, which was unusual in the empire.

Although his heart was very confused, Xi Wei also could not ask about other people’s family matters directly. He was just a little worried about Aiden’s illness, and hoped that Aiden would find the appropriate stem cell match before he reached the age of 14 to thoroughly eradicate this strange blood disease.

With Randy there accompanying his son, Xi Wei did not want to disturb them. He silently stood up, and walked out of the door with his teacher.

Kelly glanced at Xi Wei and could not help saying, “You also don’t need to worry about your roommate, medical technology is very well developed now, I’m sure there will be a way to solve Aiden’s disease.”

“Yes,” He nodded and asked, “Teacher, the doctor said he had to find stem cells from among his relatives. Can’t you find a match from someone else?”

The probability of matching from a stranger, though very low, was still possible. Xi Wei had heard of a case where a man had found a stranger with suitable stem cells before. And hundreds of years had passed since then, medical technology had become more developed, so the treatment for blood disease should be better than in his last life.

Hearing his question, Kelly said regretfully, “He would have much better chance if he was a beta, because you can search the whole empire for matching stem cells. But the problem is, Aiden is a scarce omega, so the probability of match success from stranger is particularly low. The best way is for him to have another omega brother or sister.”

Xi Wei finally understood. In this world, the body structures between alphas, betas, and omegas were very different, so an omega’s illnesses would be quite difficult to cure. Even for mere blood transfusions, an Omega must receive blood from another omega. If they were given blood from alphas or betas, the pheromones in their body would be disturbed.

Kelly saw the child next to her thinking seriously, and reached out to touch his head. She smiled and said, “Let’s go, we should go back.”

***

When they both came back into the classroom on the 11th floor, the class was filled with bickering. It looked like the students were arguing about something. A voice in particular could be he heard talking loudly, which reached even Xi Wei’s ear through the window, “Am I wrong? Alphas and Betas can work to make money, but Omega’s bodies are weak and sick, so they have to stay at home every day. And they need to be taken care of during their adult estrus for at least three days, isn’t that troublesome?”