Chapter 32 - Partnership

In Carlo’s mind, Xi Wei was a violent freak. He had no idea how Klaire could’ve come to like Xi Wei. Does Klaire have masochist tendencies? 

After falling silent for a while, Carlo finally digested this confession and asked a bit awkwardly, “Xi Wei? Are you sure you like him? He’s more powerful than alphas… ”

Klaire’s face was also somewhat worried. Pretending to sigh helplessly, he said, “Yes, he is so powerful, he is also a prince. My road to be with him will not be easy… So, I hope you can help me.”

“How can I help you?” Carlo was unsure, “You want me to help you defeat Xi Wei together?”

“…” This guy really is a nerd. Klaire helplessly looked at him, “That year, when news of Uncle Berg getting married broke out, there were many alphas who went to the palace to propose, but in the end His Majesty chose your uncle Drew. You should have heard about it, right?”

Carlo nodded, “I know about this matter. My father said that my uncle fell at first sight for His Highness Berg. He stalked our family patriarch everywhere to urge him to propose. His Majesty Tran thought his character seemed genuine and honest, he wouldn’t treat His Highness Berg badly, therefore he agreed to their marriage.”

What Carlo knew was merely the surface. In actuality, His Majesty consented to the marriage because Drew was related to Berch family, it was clearly a political marriage.

Klaire went on to say: “After Xi Wei reaches adulthood, His Majesty will definitely find an excellent alpha for him. The marriage union between the Royal Family and Military people is a tradition that has lasted for hundreds of years. His Majesty is very fond of the Berch family, you and Xi Wei are the same age as well. What if to increase intimacy between your families, His Majesty makes you marry Xi Wei…”

Carlo was stunned, his mind flashed back to the time years ago when little Xi Wei kicked him to the ground, almost knocking his front teeth off. He couldn’t help the wince as a feeling of phantom tooth pain washed over him. He hurriedly said,”I will never agree.”

Klaire smiled and patted Carlo on the shoulder, “Then we are on the same page. You…don’t rob me of Xi Wei.”

Carlo couldn’t help saying, “You can rest assured that I will never rob you of Xi Wei.” You can take Xi Wei, that beast. All alphas in the Empire will thank you.

Thinking of those alpha classmates who ran away frightened every time they saw Xi Wei driving his machine armor, a smile bloomed on Klaire’s face. “It’s good that you have no interest in Xi Wei. There are many alphas that will be pressured by their families to pursue a marriage with Xi Wei, there will also be alphas with strong personalities who wish to conquer Xi Wei. My love rivals are quite a lot, I will need your help.”

Carlo understood what Klaire was thinking. Klaire wanted him to stand on his side when the time came. Two people joining hands together would be better than fighting alone. If he had help, Klaire’s final victory would be a very big possibility.

Helping a friend to chase after his wife was a matter of course. But at the thought of Klaire chasing after a wife who was more powerful than him… Carlo’s expression turned a little awkward.

“Are you in a hurry?” Carlo touched his nose and asked.

Klaire answered, “Of course I am. But when the moment comes, we’ll just play it by the ear.”