Extra 1 - Newlyweds

Klaire’s proposal scene was extremely grand, so the scale of his wedding naturally couldn’t fall behind.

The royal family had strict ceremonial rules for a prince’s wedding. Today, Xi Wei was forced to wear heavy and complicated royal formal attire and wait for Klaire to meet him in the palace.

He held his temper until Klaire arrived, and then the two of them met the king and queen in the palace main hall. The wedding procession flew around the capital planet with power and momentum.

Actually, Xi Wei hadn’t wanted to make such a big fuss out of his wedding. The way he saw it, a wedding was just like the one Carlo and Aiden had, where their two families sat down for a meal and were done with it. But His Majesty didn’t agree. The eldest prince was finally getting married, so His Majesty just had to hold a grand wedding to celebrate. Xi Wei couldn’t do anything but follow his father’s arrangements.

The banquet was terribly extravagant. His Majesty expansively booked the capital planet’s most high-class floating hotel, and even invited more than a thousand guests.

As soon as Xi Wei arrived at the reception, he got a splitting headache. Klaire smiled and said in his ear, “It’s the occasion of a lifetime, so just grin and bear it. The important thing is that our families are happy, so we have to work with them a bit.”

Xi Wei said helplessly, “What else can I do.”

The friends of the royal family and their colleagues in the military filled the banquet hall with a crowd. Klaire and Xi Wei held their wine glasses and took turns giving toasts, until their legs felt weak beneath them.

After they’d finally made it through the banquet, the two of them flew Egret and Bluestar back to Klaire’s home.

It was a tradition in the empire for an alpha to live alone together with his wife after marriage. This way it was easier for the two of them to grow close, as well as for them to successfully get through their first heat.

Klaire had picked this courtyard out himself. It faced the sun and had plenty of light, and a large villa sat in the middle. There were bright flowers and green trees planted all around, and as soon as you walked in, you felt like the air was fresher.

Klaire and Xi Wei walked into the villa hand in hand. The living room had a simple design. The stairs were made of the real wood Xi Wei liked, the walls were painted a warm hue, and the curtains were Xi Wei’s favorite shade of blue. Their bedroom had clearly been meticulously decorated. The bed was huge enough for them to roll around on it without any worries, and everything was arranged according to Xi Wei’s preferences. It looked very heartwarming.

Xi Wei felt a little moved, and couldn’t help but pat Klaire on the shoulder, saying, smiling, “It’s been hard on you.”

“That’s as it should be.” Klaire hugged Xi Wei easily, and said lowly in his ear, “We’ve gotten married just like that. Doesn’t it feel not quite real?”

Xi Wei nodded. “Of course. Even in my dreams, I never thought of getting married to a man.”

“It’s too late to regret it.”

“I won’t regret it.” Xi Wei said firmly, “We two know each other inside and out. Getting together and spending our lives this way is pretty good.”

When he heard this, Klaire couldn’t resist smiling.

Xi Wei said it right. There was no one out there who had an understanding like the one they had between them. They could probably adapt to a life of caring for each other pretty quickly. It was just that...the problem of Xi Wei’s heat, that came along with his identity as an omega, was still as big of an obstacle as before.