CHAPTER 1 | COMPANY BATTLE

Hailey's POV

Waking up to the sound of alarm is something I totally hate. Usually I don't wake up this early but today is different.

Today my dad is retiring from his career and going to handover his company to me that counts as one of New York's top companies. I'm still shocked he's handing me over his dream without any condition.

I felt so grown up. I got ready and went to downstairs to see dad and mom in their breakfast table. But what is up with that serious mood?

"Good morning Dad, good morning mum", but I don't get a smile back.
Dad said looking up at me,"Good morning honey, there's something we need to talk about."

God. Surely that's gonna be a condition.

"Say it dad", I sat down cause I knew I might have a heart attack because of whatever he's going to say.

"Hailey, you remember I told you about the Bieber's Inc?"

"Yeah dad I remember, aren't they our biggest opponent?"

"Yes. Well, Jeremy Bieber has handed his company to his elder son recently", pause, "just like I am and he offered a friendly hand towards us."

"And?"

He looked at me and took a long pause and said, "Let's go to there first."

Ok, so I could already smell something really really wrong.

A quite ride in dad's car was warning me of whatever was going to happen. All I prayed for was so that it doesn't have an impact on my new career.

This was a different feeling, passing through the regular corridors. Everyone watched me as I walked down the halls. Was there going to be a surprise event for me or what?

We entered dad's cabin. Or if I may say my new cabin. We went in to found dad's secretary already waiting for us with portfolios in her hand.

I was quiet nervous to meet Jeremy Bieber seated there. He must once had been the heart throbe in his college life.

Elders greeted and then dad introduced me to them, "And this is Hailey Baldwin, my younger daughter and would be CEO of this company", I shook hand with Jeremy.

"So what are we here for?", I couldn't keep it in and asked right away.

Mr Bieber starts saying things so fast, "I hope your father told you that our company runs the highest competition in New York City. But that's a fact that once your father lended a huge amount of money from our company and as he could not give the money back in time now he must do a sacrifice for his company."

No, my father can't give up on his dream company. They can't take it just like that.

Seeing me speechless he continues, "He must give up on his company or his daughter to my son."

And with that I felt like the ground moved away from my feet to swallow me or the sky broke down in my head.