CHAPTER 4 | BEING THE CEO

Hailey's POV

I'm sitting in a wedding gown store with Chesley. I got to know that I was not going to have or buy a wedding gown. My wedding gown was being designed by my favourite designer, none other than Zac Posen.

I must say I'm happy and excited for my wedding day when I heard that.

Chesley and I reviewed some places together. She's so caring and she acts just like a sister. Well of course she takes care of 4 children.

I came back home in the evening after visiting 'still my Daddy's company'.

I took a shower and had dinner with my family.

This is how my days were going. Numb.

next week

Finally it was my wedding day. Big day for me because of the Company. If only they knew about the reason of my excitement.

Surprisingly dad agreed to assign me the company papers first, before signing the marriage documents.

The ceremony was not going to be some big fat wedding. According to Mr Jeremy the paparazzi mustn't know about the ceremony. Cause it was more like a business deal than a marriage, to everyone and to me.

I woke up real early today. Got dressed and left for the Baldwin's company. Alaia told me dad has already left.

Thank Jesus the event was successfully done by 11.

"Congratulations my dear, The CEO", dad proudly patted my shoulder. Dad there of course was happy for me. He hugged me and whispered,"I'll always remember your sacrifice."

I forced a smile. I walked down the hallway with Dad and went straight to home after recieving all the wishes from my employees.

It feels so good to say MY.

The saddest part was to see my dad retiring from his dream.

Evening

I was taking rest in my room when Mom walked in with Alaia and two other women. One of them was bringing my designer dress, so carefully as if it were a gold crown. Guess the other one was my makeup artist.

I was talking with my best friend Melody. Well I was not doing most of the talkings because I was the one getting scold by her. The reason was, me ignoring her texts.

"But I called you back the next day!"

"Does it count? Ok so I guess that balances it. How far are you by the way?"

"I just finished wearing my so very tight dress that is making it hard for me to breathe and right now my makeup artist is coming towards me with an aggressive look in her eyes. I'm hanging up. Be the perfect bride's maid and be on time, b-bye."

It was a natural makeup look, something that should be admired. I mean it was a piece of art, specially with the fake freckles it looked perfect.

I was being veiled by Alaia when my mom comes in with a bouquet of white roses in her hand to remind us to be fast. She handed me the bouquet and stares at me for sometime. She kissed my temple and left without uttering a single word. I didn't know how to response to that.

I was done getting ready. It took only 5 minutes to reach the church.