CHAPTER 24 | REVEALING SECRETS

Author's note

Im sorry guys but this one's going to be a little longer, happy reading

Afsaraexp there you go,for your satisfaction,cheers.

HAILEY'S POV

I woke up with a nauseous. Without looking around I ran to the bathroom to vomit.

Ew

I forgot if I counted the shots I had last night.

I was lost in my thoughts when someone rushed towards me to hold my hair. Not that I have long but that's a courtesy.
What!

"Justin please let go, I don't want you to see me like this."

After I was finished I sat on the bathroom floor, still in my clothes from last evening. Justin passed me water. I got up and freshen up and changed into fresh clothes. After taking a shower I joined Justin at the breakfast.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you sleep on that condition."

Did he just apologized?

Seeing me silent he again says,"But you fainted."

"Not before the kiss...",and I took a sip from my coffee, smiling at him.
He nodded, adjusting his jaw with the intention of hiding his smile.

-

-

-

I came to visit my family in order to search my dad's reading room, as I was planning the whole day. I was getting more furious every second. But I didn't find anything useful that concerns to me and Justin,  through which my dad can blackmail him in almost  everything.

After having lunch with them, I was going back to the company when I called Alaia to check on her. She went back to LA for her shoot. When I hung up, I saw a text from Justin.

lets reveal something interesting, come home early.

That was weird.

I went back home in the afternoon to find Justin in his study room.

"Come, sit, look what I've found",he threw some portfolios in the table, "I sneaked at Dad's office room when I went home for lunch."

This thought made me smile both from inside and outside. "At least one of us succeed."

I also explained how I had to break into my dad's private room and sneak at the files.

Suddenly I could see his face turning pale.

"May I ask you what kind of information you were searching for?", he asked me with nervousness in all over his face.

"Anything that could help me with knowing how my dad had you under his control years back from now."

Ok, so it is getting suspecious.

"Why did you want to know?",I asked him back.

"Been wondering."

"What is it you wanted to tell me?"

"I know a-lot-of-things, about our dads's previous deals, from the beginning, where it all started. Many of them concerns us too. As I know-about-these, it's only fair for you to know them too."

"Don't puzzle your words. I want to know everything that you know."

"You already know about my parentage."

I didn't wanted it to go that far.

"My birth mother gave me birth at the age of only 17. Mom and Dad both were young. Dad left us, not that no one didn't want me. My mum loved and loves me more than anything, so do I. I grew up with my mum and maternal grandparents in Canada. Dad brought me here, in the USA when I was 11."

Only thing on my mind was, how can a man be so strong and not even stiff while telling someone such a story about his past.

"I don't know much about how he convinced my mother to let me go away so easily, but at the same time he was the silent gurdian and the watchful protector I never had in my life before. He was ruthless, but the other side was totally different. I was and still am so afraid of becoming like him. But his paternal side is too great to explain. He did so many sins behind the back of his loved ones. Only I saw how he had been blackmailed everyday and night."

"And my dad was one of his blackmailer..."

He didn't seem to be surprised by my sudden auction.

"But Mr Baldwin was not that innocent, that's how my dad blackmailed him back to sign our marriage agreement in change for a huge amount of illegal investment."

"But why did they decide to tell you all of these at such a young age but not me?"

"They didn't decide to, they had to, because I overheard them having this conversation from outside my dad's reading room, where I found these files, where all these meetings had been helding for so long. It was the same year as our last junior year, when you were 14 and I was nearly 15.Your dad scared me that they would separate me and my dad by unveiling dad's undercover activities.
I stayed silent. But soon you confessed me through inbox on my 15th birthday. I started feeling nervous around you. I was scared that my, our friends would get to know about our parents and the marriage contract. That's why I shutted you again and again, so that you would stay far from me. Your dad too didn't want you to know.

Hailey, I'm really sorry, I know I hurt you and am not worth forgiving..."

I moved from my place to go near him to take his hand,"Justin, do you know...it's the first time you are calling me by my name after all these years."

"Do you think I don't know this? My mum was scared that I'd become like my father. But I sometimes feel I'm much worse. I did unfair to you. It still haunts me every night. But I can't help it."

He was already drowning in guilt so I didn't pushed him any further,"I'm grateful to you for telling me, now help me fix dinner."

"I always wanted to",with a smile he jumped out of table that he was sitting on.