CHAPTER 34 | BUG IN AMENDMENT

Hailey's POV

We were sitting all together at the breakfast table at my parents house. By 'all' I meant Justin's parents too. It was a bit traumatic meeting them here at this prominence.

No one dared to speak. I and Justin hold onto each other's hands for nearly the entire time. That only caused mum to get more emotional. But they have to understand that whatever flaws they had created was now in order.

"The reason we are gathered today is this", dad tossed a file. not again.

We were seated in the lounge after breakfast in an utmost apprehensive air.

When Justin reached to take the file I put my hand over his to stop him,"There's no need for that", keeping the eye contact I said,"What do you people want from us."

"Hailey dear, there are few contents on our previous negotiation about your marital arrangements", Jeremy said as I hold my breathe.

"And it is?", I could say by his verbal actions that Justin was also bothered.

"It says that if Hailey agrees for the marriage in place of handing over the company, both of the purchaser must have an heir within a year so that they can collaborate their companies and sign it to their heir when he or she is capable of handling the combined company. If you can't ensure your heir and combine your companies in a year it may lead you two to divorce and Hailey, you might end up loosing your company."

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

"It's clear, my company was already destined to be handed over to the Bieber's inheritor, wasn't it? Whether we get married or not", I said. I couldn't stop my tears from falling down after all that Jeremy said.

Could it be anymore cruel? My mum and dad knows how hard I studied only to raise Baldwin's Inc, my dad's dream. But they never wanted to make it worth anything.

How could I believe Justin, after all that he put me through years ago? This all was lie. He never liked me back, it was always about the company, it always has been. Even when he said about having a baby.

"Dad, can I talk to you?", Justin said breaking the pure silence.

It was when that my tears got heavier so I ran away, I took the car keys and rushed through the door before anyone could say anything.

Why does this always happen with me.

Justin's POV

"Dad, can I talk to you?",I said and in a second I realized that Hailey was running towards the door.

Wasn't there any other foolish offer that my dad could make a deal with?

I decided to give Hailey her space and went to the backyard with my dad.

"I understand, I should have told you about this, before the wedding. But you have to understand it too. When I was a new comer from Canada, stephen was also fresh out from Arizona. We did businesses and stuffs together and made some deals when we separated our companies only to seal my money with me. I wanted to make sure what is mine, stays mine and provide you with what you deserve."

"But dad, think about Hailey, what if she thinks I knew about this too? I don't want her to start hating me, again",I said my last words in a haste and ran out to the driveway and took my dad's car with me.

I drove straight to her company. I know this was the only place she might feel secure right now. I ran to her cabin to see her cry.

"Hey, Hailey I'm sorry. Look at me, we can cancel the agreement",I said softly caressing her cheeks.

"You knew, that's why you wanted to have a baby, didn't you?"

"Are you insane Hailey? Of course I didn't know. Do you think I would jeopardize my relationship with you by hiding such a disgusting term?"

"What if you were lying? There was nothing to jeopardize. What if you're still lying? Do you think I can believe any of you after all the lies and betrayal I've got?"

How can I make her believe the truth, that I wasn't a part of this nasty plan.

Hailey's POV

How can I believe them when they are recocheting my life and trying to exile me from my dreams again and again.

"See? Your solitude says it all",I said when he couldn't answer me.

I guess it was all his plan to be true and rightful to me so that he could take over my business and be the CEO of both of our companies after they get combined from the start.

"Go tell your dad that even when he invested for this business, my dad was the one who ran it and placed it in a higher position",I took my jacket and left Justin in my room alone.

This was what mum was upset about the other day. I should have known better.