CHAPTER 5 | WEDDING SURPRISES

Hailey's POV

I am standing in front of the church door holding Dad's hand, holding my breaths too. I am regretting a little bit by now. I haven't meet Justin untill now. Its not like that I could stop the marriage by talking it out with him. The contract was already signed. Plus I didn't want to have second thought about my company.

The door opened, 4 of my bridesmaids were behind me, ready to walk with rythm. Dad took my hand in his and we walked down the aisle together. It took more than long to reach the alter.

When daddy left my hand he whispered something to Justin's ear. I guess everyone does it. I have seen those in movies.

Hailey at least look at him, met his eyes.

My inner self is screaming but I still couldn't look up.

I just felt someone standing in front of me, towering over me.

The pastor greet us and started,"Today we are all gathered here in the shelter of God to witness the power of love that binds two souls together."

Tears filled my eyes, I could hear my mom sobbing too.

"Two souls here came willingly to share and bind their love today, in the name of God."

It felt like he wouldn't stop talking. I was wanting the pastor to keep on babbling so that the officiation was delayed. But what's the point.

The priest turned to him and asked,"Do you Justin Drew Bieber the elder son of Jeremy Bieber and Patricia take Hailey Rhode Baldwin the younger daughter of Stephen and Kenneya Baldwin as your lawfully wedded wife and promise to be true in the time of better or worse, in health or in sickness, in richer or in poorer and to love and to cherish her till death do you part?"

Ringggg.

My ears were numb, no he can't be the boy from my high school. No he can't be the Justin Drew,THE Drew that I was in love with.

I slowly lift my eyes to met his.

Oh this is him.

"I do"

"Do you?"

"I do"

"Do you?"

"I do"

This has been my dream for so long. Why am I not happy?

The pastor turned to me,"Do you Hailey Rhode Baldwin the younger daughter of Stephen and Kenneya Baldwin take Justin Drew Bieber the elder son of Jeremy and Patricia as your lawfully wedded husband and promise to be true in the time of better or worse, in health or in sickness, in richer or in poorer and to love and to cherish him till death do you part?"

I stopped.

I look at my dad who's staring at me with pity eyes.

Hailey just split it out.

But why him?

Did Melody recognize him? Or maybe Alaia? Is Ryan here too? Does dad not know him? Is he doing this to me intentionally?

"I do"

"Do you?"

"I do"

"Do you?"

"I do."

We exchange our rings and a tear fell down oh his hand from my left eye. He pulls his hands in a hurry making me feel worse. Maybe he hates me, not the hatred from school but a new one.

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife, you may kiss your bride."

The words are ringing in my head

The words are ringing in my head. I keep my eyes down to the floor. I can't give my dream kiss to someone I got over years ago.

Wait. Does he know who I am?

"Um",he made a sound and without taking long he leaned down and kissed the corner of my mouth.

I swear it's hard to breathe right now.