CHAPTER 8 | GETTING USED TO REGULAR LIFE

Hailey's POV

I'm getting ready for my work. I was so angry at myself, how could I be so late for the first day as boss. I mentally yelled at myself.

Thank Jesus at least I could convince my parents for not arranging a honeymoon so early.

When I got downstairs I saw all the other maids working. Smiling at one of them I  sat in the breakfast table.
"Good morning ma'am, I'm Stella and here to serve your breakfast."

"Good morning. What's there to eat?" I hurried in excitement.

I finished eating and went to bedroom to grab my stuffs. I stopped before a room to see a woman making bed over there.
"Why are you making the bed?", I asked.
"Ma'am, sir was staying here last night, so I'm cleaning the muss."

What a mannerless jerk, I sacrificed my comfort for his sleep and he slept in another room making all the housekeepers aware of it?

I clench my teeth and went out without showing my anger. I sat on the car in a hurry. First day and it was almost 10.

Dad's secretary and I discussed about the running deals, works and meetings of Dad that he left incomplete. The whole day took making a schedule to fix those undone works.

All over, the day was not going any interesting.

It was 6 in the evening when I decided to head home. On the way, I called mum, talked with Dad and Alaia too. I already miss them.

That night

After I got freshen up and got ready for dinner I went down to the dining hall.

I smiled to see Sofie serving my food. After setting the plates she wished me to have a nice meal.

I was eating carelessly. Amid my meal I stopped to ask Sofie, "Where's Justin?"

"Sir comes home around 9 pm. He's still at work."

My hunger makes me eat everything on my plate silently. I went to room to take a shower and get ready for bed. It was when I was checking my phone, a slight knock in the door made me jump on my bed. I thought someone was waiting for my permission to allow them in. I was about to reply when Justin burst in the room furiously and makes his way to the closet. Well that was rude and didn't he transfer to another room?

On his way out I ask him rapidly, "Don't you think we should talk at least?"

"About what? Don't make yourself fool by thinking I'll let this marriage work out."

And he walked away, as if everything could go on like this forever. It pissed me off every time he showed me cold shoulders. I was still shy and nervous to talk to him like before. like before.

Maybe he knew that I was the girl who kept stalking him in high school, the girl his friends teased him about. This is why he didn't want to talk to me, he hates me.

I listened to Alaia, I'm not going to talk to Justin about anything. If he wants he will gradually come up to me.

I was lost in my thoughts when the door again burst open and Justin comes rush in and says,"I think we should talk."

Pervert.