CHAPTER 23 | REMEMBER PROM ?

~when you said your last goodbye~

Hailey's POV

I was very happy when we got back home. At the same time very furious to know how did my dad convinced Justin to go to the prom with me 5 years ago. I could say, all those people I met today had also the same question in mind, but didn't dare to ask.

I still remember the day, our prom, the day I saw my friends the last time until now.

I went straight to the bar corner of the living room to grab a shot. But not enough.
Another shot.
Then another.
Lastly the 4th.

I saw Justin walking down, freshen up coming towards me.

"Holy shit, why are you here?"

"I was wondering how did dad convinced you to agree for prom, with me, with someone you hate?"

"Now's not the time, come on, you're not in sense."

Wait, did I say something I shouldn't have?

FLASHBACK TO THE PROM (HAILEY'S POV)

I am the luckiest girl in the universe, who's love interest agreed to go to prom with her. I don't know what did dad talk to him about but whatever it is I was at the same time so scared to go with him. What if I'm giving him another chance to hurt or humiliate me?

I was satisfied with the makeover that Alaia gave me. It was exact at 7 pm when Justin rang the bell. Mom took our photo, well she kinda forced to take one. Because I really didn't want him to be in front of my parents for so long.

I said goodbye when Dad told me while hugging,"Remember your self respect, and don't forget to enjoy."

Justin is avoiding eye contact with me, so am I. But his attitude after reaching school was totally different. He started enjoying with his friends.

For sure, he didn't want his friends to know that he came with me.

I also enjoyed in my own way. But soon when it was time for traditional dance, all my friends left me to dance with their dates.

I also decided to ask Justin for dance. If I can ask him for prom, why not for a dance? Most importantly, half of the students are planning on loosing their virginity today and here I'm scared to ask for dance.

When I saw him alone, my confidence rised a little higher

"Justin I know you don't want to, but can we dance? For the sake of tradition?"

Hearing me, he totally freaked out, "Don't you think it's enough that I came here with you tonight?"

"You could simply deny..."

It hit me because he was loud enough to make a lot of people stare at me. His humiliation made my tear come out right away. I ran from there to the exit, but half way through Justin grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Hailey, stop, stop. Look I'm sorry for whatever I said, but don't tell anything to your father."

Why is he so scared of my dad?

Even when I wanted to shut him up, I couldn't, only to control my tears. I pulled my arm from his hand that caused my sleeve to rip apart.

This was when it got worse, everyone was staring at me. I ran toward the parking area, crying, but I didn't bring my car so I called Alaia to pick me up.

Alaia took me home, and I was locked up in my room for a whole day, crying.

After that I didn't talk much with anyone. Our finals passed and we grew up, I accepted the fact that nothing will ever happen with him. Almost all of my friends broke up who were dating, thinking about making up a future.

But only I didn't got the chance to say last goodbye to the one I admired the most.

END OF FLASHBACK

Maybe because we were destinied to meet again.

All of these were running in my head while Justin lift me up in his arms to take me to the bedroom.
I didn't enjoyed the ride upstairs, because I was afraid of puking on Justin's face.

He placed me in my bed when I asked him,"Why did you do that to me? Why did you hate me?"

I hope I was still sane.

"You know, you liking me, me knowing about the contract, us studying in the same school, all of these circumstances didn't match, not at all."

He was about to leave, leaving me completely alone.

"Stay."

He came back to lay down beside me without an argument.

JUSTIN'S POV

"I know princess, I gave you a lot of bad memories to not let you sleep at night, I wish to take at least one of them. You have to understand that I was too afraid to blink in the fear that you might disappear."

Even when we were leaning towards each other, I still couldn't believe we were about to kiss. Our lips brushed against each other's and another second it was locked in a peck.

I could feel the tension, the emotions, the disturbance and a lot of unanswered questions in between the soft kisses.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Heeeyy guys this is my first note!!

TBH I didn't even plan on writing Justin's POV, at the moment of their first kiss.

Do you think Hailey was conscious enough to remember their first kiss??