CHAPTER 29 | I'MMA BE UNDER THE MISTLETOE

Hailey's POV

It's finally Christmas, my favorite of all holidays. I lied in the bed with an unknowing smile, replaying my conversation with Justin from last night. How he stole my pen from Ryan that I lend him once, how he took my notes from Elle and never returned only to fetch them.

Slowly my thoughts drove to the fact that I wasn't going to run downstairs this year to open my Christmas gifts from mum and dad.

I took my phone and went straight to the tree beside the fireplace without taking my pajamas off not to be disappointed but surprised by the gifts and notes that were hanging.

I directly slipped down to attack the wrapped boxes.

"Hold on, there's a letter, here,take it", Justin's sudden appearance made me hiccup.

"Did my parents send th..."

"Or maybe they came here as your secret Santa? Though I verified that these are from your parents."

I took the letter and read it.

Dear little one,
It's you first Christmas without us, same goes for us as we never celebrated this day without you since the year you were born. We just wanted to remind you that we love you, sweetling, the same even when you are far away from us.
Love mum and dad.

I didn't want my tears to move anymore. I jumped at my gifts to open them. There were chocolates, pair of socks with my favorite polka dot prints, cookies, raspberry jam, combat boots and what not.

-

-

-

We were heading towards Justin's parents. It's almost evening. The day went perfect and right now my outfit's too because of my new boots.

I asked Justin,"By the way what should I call your mother? Since we're...cool now?"
"Mother in law would definitely be cringy, Chesley is fine, trust me she's cool", he answered as we waited behind the freezing door.

We entered inside, there was a cozy environment, better than the first time I have been here. We greeted them and now it's my turn to say 'trust me she's the coolest'.

"To family, at these very foremost juncture", Jeremy pledged whike he toasted for all of us.

"And to our legacy", Chesley cheered winking at me.

That was embarrassing. But I hope Justin didn't notice.

We exchanged wishes and gifts before leaving.

.

.

.

"I sent Trevor away along with the car."

I was thinking of it to be honest. He can't deny the enjoyment we had last time.

We had earphones on each of our ear. We walked and enjoyed light music and reached home, so fast. I noticed a green ring hanging up in the door knob.

"I was wondering about the green growing plants up ther...", he said looking up. But I shutted him by a peck.

I kissed him like I've never before. His hands perfectly framed my face. Soon he envied my tongue inside and I drove there passionately. The point our mouth collided, it got warmer than ever. Slowly Justin placed his arms around my waist and the next second I couldn't feel the ground below my feet. I smiled against his mouth as he lifted me up. But shortly after we broke apart in the lack of air.

"I want to see where else can I make you blush",he said striking my hairs behind ears to make me blush even more. Even though I bite my lips, a laughter escaped from my mouth.

I punched him in his arms and went inside leaving him behind.

I went to my room and took a hot shower. I got dressed for sleep and went near my dresser to find a box with a note.

'My dad gave it to my mom on her sweet sixteenth. They would both want you to have it.'

I opened the box and found a necklace inside. I ran out from the closet to find Justin in my bed laying.

"Thanks for the necklace."

"May I?", he jumoed out of the bed, I nodded and held my hair up.

"Thanks for the traditional kiss", he said and I turned around to look at him,"Ain't I your first guy under mistletoe by the way?"

"Jackass, how can you forget about Reggie, you spread about that kiss yourself to the whole school. You stole my privacy and you forgot that? asshole!", I said, barking up.

"Oh yeah, that douchebag."

"Better than you, he was", I said, rubbing cream on my skin.

"What? kisser?"

"You're not even virgin, how can you be judgemental in my case?", I said turning to him.

I guess I shut him up.

"It's about...well...when you know the girl you like is going to be your wife and you don't need to care about that so you can take advantage of that situation and other girls...",I grinned while he said, also caused him to laugh.

"Fuck, why don't you fire your damn secretary",I said sarcasticly.

"So, mainly, this is what you wanted to say!Are you jealous?"

"I've right to be."

That got awkward fast.

"I already did, the day you first complained about her."

Now it was my time to stay quiet.

"Hailey", he said, sitting beside me and to wrap my hand with his,"There are still a lot of girls throwing themselves at me that I don't care about, Lexi called and freaked out because she cares. But all you need to know is that I don't, I didn't, ever. I wasn't a man whore and still am not. But still, I've created so many bad ripples before. But not after I got tied to you. Resme may have been my one night stand once but that was long before our marriage and specially not while we were at Arizona. She tried to compel me back then but trust me I would never ever cheat on you."

"Do you know you're self obsessed?"

"And smart and sexy... I know, people often accuse me for being so damn hot."

"You're making me laugh."

"Goodnight"kiss,"sleep well",kiss," I'll be in my reading room", kiss, "if you need me."

"Goodnight."

He went out of my room and banished but his voice didn't fade even when he was out of my sight,"Hell did I tell you, you've got such an influence on me, can't exolain."

No you didn't.