CHAPTER 33 | CONSEQUENCES ARE YET TO COME

Hailey's POV

I should turn off my phone because the disturbance I'm getting from my friends are not bearable anymore. I got up from bed to catch the vibrating phone.

I hope Alaia hadn't join their group of disturbance.

'Hey Alaia happy new year bye'

'What happened to my early bird?'

'We were up late night, why are you calling?'

'To tell you to call mum, she called me last night, crying. She kept saying about what they had done. Maybe she misses you. Just call her if you get time.'

'Ok, I'm.'

I cut off the line to call mum without squandering a sec.

'Hey mum, happy new year, how are you.'

'Happy new year honey, I'm good. How's everything going?'

'It's going great. mum, I'm happy, I think you should know. I'm happy for whatever decision I took.'

'It's not always what it seems like, but as long as you're happy I'm too.'

'I miss you mum.'

'I miss you too and I love you.'

'Love you, take kisses, bye.'

She was being weird and she definitely was hiding something.

"Were you crying?", I was sitting on the couch when Justin came with sleepyhead from behind to hug me.

"No, I wasn't. It's just, that, I called mum and I miss her."

"You want to go back?"

"It's okay, don't take trouble."

"So, what are we doing today?"

"Today's my time to treat you", I said as I kissed his chin and laid down to his chest to warm myself.

I hoped all the way to our ice cream date that I am good at giving surprises. We had ice cream on our way to beach. We sailed and it took almost half of the day.

We came back to hotel to get changed and get out for lunch

We came back to hotel to get changed and get out for lunch. I planned traditional lunch, meaning our favorite pepperoni pizza where we could make our own food.

"When did you arranged all these?",his smile got brighter just when he saw the our pizza being baked.

"When you were busy planning for me."

And then, again a call from Tobias and another from Patrick. Man, have they teamed up to disturb us?

"Don't take the call."

"Am not", he said directly looking at my eyes with a smile and keeping his phone away.

How can a man look so hot without effort.

"So...when are we going back?", I asked.

"Already bored huh?If...", but the calls won't stop interrupting.

"Sorry Hailey, but I've got to take this, I don't want your dad to think that I'm taking you away from him", he winked and next second he was gone. Why dad why.

I was wondering what he wanted to tell me before the phone started ringing. I waited long and when he didn't came back I went to look for him. I went out and stood on the patio of the pub where I saw Justin almost shouting on the phone, was he shouting at my dad?

"Mr Baldwin you're not getting this right, this was over, over before we knew. Hailey also knows that it was our last contract together at Arizona."

I didn't wanted to eavesdrop but I didn't move too.

"This better be lucky for her or else we ain't doing anything."

He cut off the call and turned around to see me standing,"Were you yelling at my dad?"

"I'm sorry you had to hear it",he stood for a second, maybe feeling guilty,"but he's saying that there are some papers we need to see that can't wait."

"Didn't we complete our last project as a team?"

"This was my point too. If it was done then what might be there that can't wait for us."

"Are you tired of working with me?"

"It's because I can't concentrate while you're around which is bad for my works", he said making me chuckle.

And we both kept standing there for god knows how long without talking. He caress my hair and cupped my face.

.

.

.

We enjoyed our honeymoon in every possible way. Half of a week passed by and it was finally our time to head back home. Though the disturbing calls weren't easily stopping. But the one phone call that kept bothering us silently was dad's. It made our days nothing but more impatient.

It was 4th of Jan when we got back home and decided to take a few days off and had important files and works done at home. But the first one was to be done was from dad. So we curled up to each other to take rest and thought of visiting my parents the day after that.

We stayed on bed."I reckon mum still thinks I'm unhappy for our marriage. She called to tell how sorry she was for me."

"You should tell her that we're okay and you don't regret all these."

"Let tomorrow come and I will tell her. But I don't understand what work there might be that dad is furious about."

"Should I talk to my Dad?"

"Let it be, we can talk to him after visiting my parents."

"Okay babe."

The more I want my life to be stable the more complicate it gets.