CHAPTER 16 | GALA

Hailey's POV

It was almost afternoon so I decided to get ready for the gala. I came out from the bathroom to meet Sofie with another woman beside her.

"Mrs Bieber, she's Ms Mafelda, your makeup artist for today", Sofie introduced her to me.

We had a small talk and then she started my makeover. I half laid in my seat, letting her do my face and started thinking about today. I had a normal day, it's hard to have a relieved day with Justin in the house. But we had our breakfast and lunch together. I talked with my parents and Alaia over phone call and told them about the gala.

I have only once been to a gala before. It was for my dad's business, we went there for the media. Dad always takes mum to this kind of program but that one was to introduce me to the business world.
But today's one was not going to be a norm. I am going to come out to the paparazzi and the business world by the name of Mrs Hailey Bieb...

Mafelda interrupts my thoughts to informs me that she was done doing my makeup and hair. Thanking her,I grabbed my dress and hills and went to my closet.

I was adjusting my dress and walking out of the closet and saw Justin talking with Mafelda before the dressing table

I was adjusting my dress and walking out of the closet and saw Justin talking with Mafelda before the dressing table. They both looked at me. I gasped.

"She's looking beautiful",the makeup artist said shaking her proud head and turned to Justin.

His eyes ditected me from temple to toe and then said,"She always does", under his breathe.

It was a bit creepy but at the same time a compliment too. Mafelda walked out of the room to leave us alone. I ran to my earrings but my eyes was on him and his perfect fitted tux."You don't look bad."

"I never do",he also gets out, smirking at me. But his voice ringed from the door,"I'm waiting."

"And I'm done", I shouted back.

.

.

We rode through the silent streets of the city and stopped in front of a huge mansion. That's when I got to know this was held by a powerful ideal business couple. We entered and got received by Mr and Mrs Martin, the owner of the house and host the party.

We had our drinks. It was not long when few paparazzi came while Justin was introducing me to some of his people he did deals with. They started throwing questions spontenously. All of the questions were based on us having a marriage all of a sudden and if this was an arranged one etc etc. Justin answered carefully, I also said a few things not informing them more than they should be informed.

"Mrs Hailey, your father Mr Baldwin is a tough competition for Mr Bieber. Does your marriage has anything to do with it? Is it true they arranged it?"

This question hit my nerve and I said things without thinking,"Even if it was, do you think I'd tell you, or what if we know each other from schools and it's a love marriage?"

My reply shutted all of them at once. Slowly the crowd got lighter and Justin's husky voice made my ear shiver,"Smart move, wife."

I couldn't reach to meet his eyes to say something when another familiar voice came to my ear.

"What if you really did?" Ryan walks towards us with a drink on his hand,"wouldn't that be the nicest thing?"

We greeted his best friend warmly. We were talking about random stuff and I was praying so that Ryan doesn't say anything stupid to make everything more awkward for me than it already is. We met a few more people, some were already known to me and some were new. The party nearly came to an end and it was time for dance.

Ryan offered me his hand to dance and I accepted not care to look at Justin. I enjoyed dancing with him. He asked me about Melody. Yes, he was a big simp for my best friend since 4th grade. I always shipped them but Melody hated him. Rest of our friends didn't shipped them. But things were always the way it should have stayed.

It came to a point when Ryan left me to dance with Justin. He gently took my hand and waist and we danced in a friendly way lookin at each other, it was splendid. But I can say by his expression that our prom night was torturing him so badly that he couldn't take this.

"We can leave if you want",he nodded as I spoke up.

We said our goodbyes to a few people.We took our leave and went to home.