CHAPTER 14 | FAMILY DINNER

Hailey's POV

Despite all the revealing secrets that were about to haunt me, I was asked to held a dinner for my family and in laws at our house.

I don't know if I can face mum and dad after all of the new stuffs I got to know recently. They knew about the love I felt for the only guy in my whole life time and the way that guy hated me. But I couldn't gather some mental courage to ask them if they knew that they were planning to marry me with the same brat (in their language).

I'm praying for the least betrayal from the closed ones in my life.

I was sitting in the kitchen counter planning with Stella and Sofie for tonight's dinner. Justin was inside his study room since our last conversation ended, doing I don't know what.

Preparations were almost done so I decided to knock Justin to inform him and tell him to get ready.

I felt like he didn't want to face me when I knocked his door. Even my voice broke,"You there? everything is done. Be ready before they come."

I went to get ready too.

We walked downstairs together, avoiding eye contact.
We welcomed our parents and when I hugged mime there were so many things roaming inside my head.

Flashback
(No one's POV)

The seventeen years old girl went rushing through the house straight to her room crying, her parents running behind her.

"Open the door honey. How can we know what happened unless you talk to us", her mother said in a concerned voice.

"Did he broke your heart dear? Why's your sleeve ripped?" Young Stephen Baldwin continues to knock his daughter's slammed door.

"He hates me dad, he hates me more than anything ", crying and sobbing Hailey, tried not to look broken and weak.

Younger Alaia running straight from the driving seat to her sister's room.

"I told you it was a bad idea, dad."

"At least you tell us what happened!"

End of flashback

Pulling myself from the hug I greeted Mr and Mrs Bieber and went straight to Alaia behind them. It seemed like a year to me without them.

I led them to the dining hall. When I looked behind I saw Justin accompanying my dad. By seeing such a serious flenching look in my dad's face I moved my eyes to Justin's with a questioning look but all I got back was empty expression. Was he again playing silent game with me? Wait was he telling dad about me finding out about that contract?

All I did was pleading with my eyes to Justin so that he doesn't say anything about that. I don't want my dad to feel anymore guilt for me.

Kids had their dine in chattering, mums and Alaia had their with gossiping. But the rest of us had with awkward silence which was killing me inside.

Even if Justin told dad about me knowing about the contract I was silently praying to Jesus in the hope that dad doesn't know about Justin being my only love of life or in their language the brat that broke their daughter's heart. It isn't like he'll beat him but I don't want him to hit the level of guiltness.

After eating our desserts when we were walking towards the living room my dad asked me to come to a corner to talk.

Please dad don't make it any more harder for me.