CHAPTER 15 | MEMORIES BRING BACK YOU

Hailey's POV

I walked past everyone with my dad to the other part of the living room. I was afraid to let all of them hear my heart beat that was almost screaming inside my chest. We stood in the bar corner.

"Are you not happy my baby?"

I was determined not to talk about my hell of a marriage life with my parents unless they asks first.

"Who told you so?"

"Don't answer with questions."

"Daddy, see I've got a nice home, a perfect career and a husband who doesn't talk a soul when I want him to. What else do I need."

"I wasn't kidding and actually asking. How's life going?"

I planned to not let him down so I said every positive things that I could.

I thought it would be a hard conversation, but it wasn't. We joined others later. I talked to my sister about regular life, carefully not letting her say anything about Justin. Because the impression she had on him wasn't too good.

I got to know about the Bieber siblings. I played with little Bay. She's probably the cutest baby I have ever met.

 She's probably the cutest baby I have ever met

We all said our goodbyes and they left. I and Justin walked up together to reach our rooms in silence. I went to my room. While closing my door I saw Justin entering the mysterious room where I never have been to, instead of his own room. Rather than dragging my attention to there I took a shower. When I was about to get out of the bathroom I saw Justin walking here and there in my room.

"People knock before entering other's room"

Seeing me in bathrobe he still wasn't uncomfortable and didn't even care to apologize. He came closer and I took a step back.

"Don't be afraid. You left it and forgot to take that back."

He handed me a paper and rushed out of the room.

I unfolded the dusty shrinked paper and I recognized it without a second thought. The only thing that is written here is JERK in my handwriting. I hurried to my closet and worn my satin night shirt and pants.I ran to Justin's room with the paper in my hand and a secret laughter inside me. I opened the door and bursted in and met a half naked wet Justin inside, only a white towel hanging around his torso.

"People knock before entering other's room."

He said in such a confident voice that my atmosphere were filling with embarrassment.

Despite this awkwardness and him being half naked in front of me I spoke,"Why do you have this?"

"It was meant for me so why wouldn't I have this?"

I said controlling my laughs and curiosities inside me,"Stop talking as if it's normal when it's not."

"Anyway you threw it on air so it's yours, forget that I had this for all these years."

Flashback
(No one's POV)

Playground full of cringy high school students tensed about the running exams but the only group that is seeking attention is a mixture of almost all popular girls and boys that seems to date each other. Though they have an attractive relation of friendship, they seems to have a little argument among them, which was just an effort to bring a guy and a girl together.

There standing teen Justin from the boy group and teen Hailey from girls group who are trying to run away from the ground to escape this argument. Some boys were continuously screaming Justin's name to get Hailey's attention.

Angry Justin opens his mouth,"Melody if you don't want her to be insulted in front of the whole school then take her away or else I'm goin..."

A paper flew and hit Justin from the crowded group.Justin lifts the paper making sure no one else notices. A paper that said JERK. He moved his eyes from the crowd to find an angry red eyed Hailey running out of the ground.

"I am telling you no one can stop them if you dont, do what you need to do, leave my friend."

Justin pretends no to hear Melody and says indicating the air,"Someone tell her to leave me alone."

Disappointed Melody shakes her head and runs after vanished Hailey. Soon the argument faded and the group started chilling and laughing again. Some started making out.

End of flashback
(Hailey's POV)

"I can't deny but..."

I failed to find any other words to get out of this confusion.

"We're going on a gala tomorrow evening, be ready."

I nodded and came back to my room.

It was hard to sleep that night. My thoughts were flying from one to another. Seeing my husband's almost naked bod... what are you thinking Hailey, him keeping the 'hate letter' for so damn long time, him asking me to come to the gala. Tough it was.