CHAPTER 21 | NIGHT AT THE STONEHOUSE

Hailey's POV

Our day was going orderly but that doesn't mean there's no awkwardness between me and Justin.

I met with the labours and discussed plans. Thank Jesus, activities were going as planned till now. So I thought of taking a break. After lunch I went to search my inheritted stonehouse of grandpa.

That was a little far from the hotel. I texted Justin that I may be late tonight. As I got down from the car,  damn, this is my dream farmhouse.

 As I got down from the car,  damn, this is my dream farmhouse

It was beautiful and gave me the vibe of Istanbul. When I was about to enter someone called me from behind. I turned around to meet an old lady.

"Child, it is wrong to break into someone else's house like that."

"Oh no Mrs, you're getting me wrong. It's my grandparent's house. They used to live here. My dad told about it so I came to visit."

"Oh the Baldwin. Shame how I never saw you with your grandparents", she said with disturbance.

Yeah that's how I feel too. Watching her picking up the garden flowers I asked her,"Where do you live?"

"I live in the same block. I take care of this house. Are you going to stay here for some days?"

"No, I uh-just wanted to give it a look."

Not making this conversation too long I went inside. It was as beutiful in the inside as outside. I had a tour of the house and called Dad to make sure he knows that I came here.

Soon after Justin called me to ask where I was. "Are you coming?", I asked.

"Maybe or maybe not."

Then why the hell he even asked me about my whereabouts, did I not already tell him.

I was pouring my coffee into a vintage cup when Justin knocked the door.

"When you were sure that you were coming why didn't you tell me", I asked just after inviting him in and went back to the common room without waiting for an answer. Though he wouldn't give me one, so what what's the point.

"My work was done and I was passing by so..."
Definitely I didn't expected an answer. Plus this place is not on our way to the hotel.

"Do you want coffee? I made some."

He nodded and sat on a couch. We had our coffee, both of our heads bended towards phone.

"Are you staying here tonight?", he said unsealing the silence.

"Are you saying you came to pick me up?"

"Do you want me to?" ,He said smirking at me.

"I didn't planned on staying but I'm liking it here more than your penthouse."

"People like staying at their own places."

He started lighting the fireplace. It was past evening. Surroundings were getting cozier.

"Justin when are we leaving?"

"Is it safe here? Because I'm planning on staying here tonight."

"Now who's place is that?" I said with sarcasm.

"Maybe I didn't tell you that my tire got punchered, did I?"

"That's why you're here, aren't y...good Jesus! Did you just smiled?? Wait... you didnt puncher your own tire, did you??"

"Yes, because smiling is a human activity. And no I didnt puncher it. Who the hell does that?"

"People in romance novels I guess?"

"I won't disagree."

We talked a little more. More like an useless argument, but still we talked.

So finally it was decided that we were staying here tonight, at the stonehouse only because our phone died. I hope Kedelina understands that we're staying here.

"Justin, what's for dinner?"

"You tell me, that's your house and that's what you were feeling proud of."

"Come on, no one has stayed here for last 4 months, a woman from neighborhood takes care of this house, how's there supposed to be any food?"

"It's only 4 months, check the deep freezer, there must be something."

As ordered I checked if there was anything. I only found frozen flour, milk and nothing else. I searched some cabinets to find macaroni. Perfect.

"Justiiiin, I'm making pasta. We have nothing else."

He rushed to the kitchen counter and said,"Yeah sure, that is Ryan's favorite."

"Yes but we've no chicken or any other toppings. Gotta manage some sugar and salt."

"You know what? Anything that can fill my tummy will do."

He started taking out pot. Boy,was he trying to help? My inner self danced in joy. He rinsed and filled it with water to boil.

He helped me making pasta and I couldn't stop grinning.

"What're you beaming for?"

"No-uh, it's just that you're doing household works and..."

When I was adding spies he said,"Pour less,bI can't ta..."
"I know you can't take spices, it ends up making you cry", I said cutting him off.

He stared at me, confused, "Mel..."
"Yes, Melody told me."

I was organizing the table for our meal when Justin walked out of the kitchen, carrying wine bottle in his hand,"Look what I've got."

"Isn't it too old?"

"Older the wine, tastier it is."

We had our dinner and I cleaned up the grime, while Justin was arranging our sleeping tools.

"You take the bed, I'll stay in the couch."

I am literally surprised by his action, it's not the Justin I know. He wouldn't leave a chance to take the comfy bed. Is he sacrificing for me?

"You can take the bed if you want, you know, you worked the whole day."

"Yeah but the couch is closer to the fireplace."

Oh, that's the matter.

We couldn't change our clothes, because we didn't have our spre clothes and we decided not to open the room in the upstairs, so that the dust doesn't come out.

We were having our wine while chilling beside the fireplace before going to sleep.

And that was the last thing I remembered before falling asleep.

-

-

-

As I was sleeping an angel came by and whispered...
Isn't it what you wanted? wasn't it your dream to marry Justin? didn't you invisaged him helping you cooking after a busy day at work? hadn't you been wanting to sleep in his arms like this for so long?

Yes I did.