CHAPTER 6 | HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH

Hailey's POV

I couldn't make an eye contact with him. What if he remembers me?

I was sitting with Alaia by my side and the party was going on.

"Maybe that's a coincidence?"

"But you know whenever we meet before it was not coincidence but fate."

She turned to me and we both laughed at my old dialogue that I uses to throw at everyone back then. She stopped laughing and took a sip from her wine.

"You see, prom is a big thing. I dont think he could forget you easily after that. It'd be better if you don't talk about past at all. Try starting a new life."

"Hey why?"

Suddenly she freaks out,"You forgot his behaviors towards you? Better if you act natural and try to forget what has happened before because now it's related to our families too."

Flashback

(Text)

Justin : Literally I'm not interested in her, she's not my type. Just tell her that I'm in a relationship.

Melody : oh come on everybody knows that JUSTIN DREW won't ever be committed to someone.

Hailey screams while reading the text's screenshot her best friend showed her.
There sits Melody trying to console 16 years old Hailey.

End of flashback

Melody comes to sit next to me. Alaia walks away and turns to Melody and whispers something in her ear.

"Do you feel bad?"

"I don't know."

"Are you regreting?"

"I don't know that either."

"Does he remember or recognize you?"

"There's nothing to remember, of course he must. I left an impact on his life for a long time."

We were hugging so tightly only to be interrupted my my mother-in-law.

"Honey, everyone's looking for you, you need to be there for your first dance!"

I was really not feeling well, couldn't make eye contact with anyone. I couldn't even refuse to such a dance every girl wish for.

I stood in the middle of the dance floor, he came and held my waist.Firstly he motioned as if he was asking for my permission and I moved saying I wouldn't resist.

We danced slowly, I mean real slow.

What happened to me. The girl I was.That Hailey who always wanted to dance with Justin Drew the guy she felt in love with in her teenhood. Always talking about him, thinking of him and only him. I don't know if I want him to recognize me.

Flashback (no one's pov)

"Ohmygod, Hailey he smiled at you!"

"Nice joke, Melody. Maybe he laughed at me, wait does he know how I look like? He only knows about my feelings and has heard my name from his friends."

"He will like you one day", Melody says and both of them laughs, "my heart says."

End of flashback

Shaking off my thoughts I look up to see Justin's face, nothing changed since then. The face I used to imagine and dream about all the time.

Finally gathering some confidence and courage I speak,"Justin..."

"Don't...."

He was about to say something when his dad announced that the party was over.

I ran to Melody who gave me a concerned look, "Act natural, if he remembers you he'll come to talk about it, you don't need to go forward."

I bid goodbye to my family. I don't know for how long I was embraced in Alaia's arms.

The time I was entering a dark grey coloured Limo I realized I was going to a new home, Justin's home, our home.
The house I dreamt once to raise my family in.