CHAPTER 26 | HIS CONFESSION

Hailey's POV

I woke up before dawn and it was a fine morning. As I lay in my bed facing the ceeling, my mouth reacted with sudden smiles thinking about the time I spend with Justin last night. But at the same time I couldn't let go the fact about my father and his undercover world out of my head. I felt like he was not someone I knew my whole life.

At a certain moment everyone seemed to be disguised.

Justin sharing informations about his parents, sharing same opinion about trying to hate me but failing gave me second thoughts about me knowing him for years. Even though it was positive.

I brushed off the thoughts and checked my phone after coming out of washroom. At around 8 I went down to satisfy my stomach that was aching out of hunger.

"I thought you already left."

I said and Justin looked up from his phone to respond,"Same here."

Stella was standing by my side pouring my coffee. As she was done I said,"I'm supposed to meet your manager today."

"Oh, that's today!"

I nodded

After breakfast we went together to his office. I met Scooter Brown, Justin's manager. He's a really gentle and a tough guy. Justin told me about him being his best gurdian and how he was with him in edges of every span. He too treated me like his own sister.

I was texting Justin to inform that I was leaving his building when a familiar blonde girl walked smiling towards me.

"Good morning ma'am, boss is looking for you."

I recognized her right away as she showed her 'i know it's an arranged marriage' attitude.

"Ms Resme, am I right?"

She nodded her head, showing off her audacity. It was not jelousy but a part of me wanted to rip her off after seeing this.

"I thought it was just your hair color, but no, you're actually dumb."

I said and I walked away from there while she kept digesting my words.

I ran inside Justin's cabin, the speed was more appreciatable because of my bloody hills. I entered when Justin lifted his head up from his paperworks, whoa that happened twice today and I must agree he looked hot in white shirt, my only weakness.

"That was fast",he said surprisingly while I scolded myself to concentrate.

"Yeah, I was passing by",I said as I breathed rapidly."And it took time to deal with you secretary."

"Oh, about that mosquito."

Okaaayy, so that was the blond that gave Justin that hickey back in Arizona.

"How do you expect me to take this?",I said sarcasticly so that he couldn't get the jelous side of me.

I knew she was not his type and she must be the one to throw herself at him. So I didn't drag that long.

"As you wish."

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yep, I wanted to give you these papers that belongs to you", while handing me the papers he asked me,"To be true, I wanted to take you somewhere. Do you have time?"

"I can call to postpone all my meetings today if that's emergency."

"No,it's not that impo..."

Cutting him off I said,"You know what, I'll postpone them, let's go."

.

.

.

"Where exactly are we going?", I asked him as he pulled through the driveway.

"It's a place."

"Thanks, it was informative."

Failed to ask him again I turned around my face to the window. I sensed guilty upon the air.

"Justin, is there anything you want to confess or tell me?"

"I-uh don't know, just thought of talking to you."

He stopped the car when we reached at the park street. We didn't get out of the car. Instead, we sat there. Maybe we needed this. The view is probably one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever laid my eyes on.

It was really very stupid being adult and asking someone if they like you but I gathered my courage for that I said,"Lately I've been thi..."
"Hailey I liked you, I like you now... I..."

Pause

"It's okay, I don't need explaination. People can like each other."

"That's my point, people can like each other. But the way I treated you for that, no one deserves that."

"I understand..."

"No you don't",he hesitated for a moment and then started melting."I was so afraid of our friends that they'll know about all the bad things our fathers did, my father did. I feared it from the day you said you liked me. And the reason is I liked you back. I couldn't ever tell you so I turned you down every time you tried to talk to me. I pushed you away. If you ask me, yes I do regret everything I did to you. I hate myself for that. Maybe confessing or accepting you was a better choice.

But again, only your dad knew that I liked you back. He threatened me to expose my family to the world. I was intimidated that you might not like me, specially after knowing about our marriage contract."

It was not really a situation where I could tease him for his teary eyes.

Instead I said,"And what made you feel like this? You could've told me once and I could leave my dreams and reputation behind. No matter what our friends or enemies or the world says about us. No matter if our dads didn't get along. Only thing I cared about was you and all I knew is you hurt me. But trust me, now that I know you did not hate me, it's a relief."

"If possible, forgive me..."

"I thought hell would freeze over our head the day you'd like me back."

"See, it didn't",he looked up and smiled. I smiled too.

But at a moment we stared at each other, trying to find words.

I opened my mouth,"Can we not plead for this?", As I said those daring words he took the action and crashed his mouth on mine.

The kiss was as aggressive and wild as us and our history. His perfect moves send chills through my skin and I could feel it in my bones. He wrapped my neck with his hand when I moaned. I placed my hand over his head and ran my fingers through his hair as I replied to his kiss with the same passion. His lips were so soft and inviting.

There the time came when it was hard to breathe so we broke apart. We looked at each other and next second it was so comfortable watching him smiling at me.

Author's POV

Get a man who looks at you the way Justin looks at Hailey.