CHAPTER 22 | BACK TO HOME

H

ailey's POV

It was our last evening at Arizona. We were celebrating our completed project. Everything is going a little bit awkward between me and Justin after the night at the stonehouse.

One thing that happened for good was, we were offering each other friend zone.

We were having our champagne all together, partying a little and enjoying some more. While everyone was busy, my phone ringed. Seeing Mrs Bieber calling I looked around for Justin but couldn't find him. I took the call and talked with her only to know that she couldn't find connection with Justin so she called me.

After hanging up, I asked a few employees if they saw him but no one did. Maybe it was just another idea of his, giving me a headache. I returned to the penthouse instead of caring for his bipolar activities.

I went out from shower and for the last time I called Kedelina to ask for Justin.

"Hello Kedelina, are you still at the party?"

"Yes, ma'am. Have you reached?"

"Yeah, I did. Can you help me with informing me if Justin's still there or not?"

"Yes ma'am,bMr Bieber entered the club just now. I guess he was outside."

"Thank you."

Come on Justin, it's nearly midnight, we need to head towards home tomorrow.

I was thinking and getting ready for bed when my thoughts were interrupted by the door slamming.

Seeing Justin drunken I walked towards him.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, eh-jus..go to sleep"

"Where were you, I tried to find you..I..."

"I'll be alright, I just had a little more alch.."

"Now you'll tell me these red marks are mosquito bites in your neck."

This was when he got mad and without any other word he went to bathroom.

I know what he might think if he was sober. He'd think I was jealous. But only to prove him wrong, I made a d black coffee for him instead of showing jealousy.

He drank it all. "You didn't have to do this."

I replied, "Or you could just simply thank me."

"Morever, your mom called me, cause she failed reaching to you."
Maybe I should've mentioned about Mrs Bieber, what if he thinks about his birth mom.

"No worries, I called her on my way."

We went to bed, though I couldn't sleep that night. dont know if it was about the marks on his neck or his recent behaviours.

Next day

We were back to NYC. I made plan with my friends this afternoon. Things aren't going too well after the hickey thing from last night.

I unpacked all my stuffs and went downstairs to met Stella who was serving lunch. I was having lunch in the kitchen counter and when I was in the middle of my meal, Justin entered the kitchen.

"I thought you were heading to the company", he assumed.

"I thought of taking a day off."

Watching him feeling unwell I asked him, "I will be going out in the afternoon with Melody, Elle and others, you wanna come? We can call Ryan and Tobias too... if they are still in touch you know?"

"Is it a get together?"

"It's just a hangout."

"Let me arranged something, coffee bar next to school?"

"Yeah.."

I don't know what he was planning on, but the idea of being to that shop with Justin gave me shiver.

-

-

-

I and Justin drove together to the coffee shop.

"When was the last time you went there?", I asked him in the driveway.
"One week before our wedding."

I remembered the familiar flashed face I saw when I went there with Alaia the week before wedding. why does it feel like it was him?

We entered the shop to meet everyone and everything was getting blurred in front of me.

Flashback (no one's POV)

The same group of teens were chilling today here at the nearest coffee shop from school. Couples among the group were glued to each other, while some were enjoying what seemed like fighting. That was the kind of memories only a few people make. Only a few people gets the kind of care through fights with their friends. That didn't mean there was no one to hate the other. Hate, that could only be shown through silence and that is kills the whole aura.

End of flashback (Hailey's POV)

Every memory with these people and the place came to my head for a second to tease me. Without showing my blurry eyes I went to hug all my old buddies. I was too shy to make eye contact with some of them. At least I tried to be in touch with the ones I loved.

"Justin, did you book the whole pub?", I whispered softly so that only Justin can hear.

"I did indeed", and he smiled.

"Come on bride and groom, whispers are not allowed outside bedroom", barked Ryan.

It felt so good meeting them. I don't know if the awkwardness was working on the rest of us because, the last time we were here all together some of us dated each other and were deeply in love.

My attention drove to the corner where Elle and Tobias was having a chat, who once dated. They seemed serious in high school until the day they broke up.

Mark on the other hand was flirting with all as always.
Ryan at another corner was trying to make a conversation with Melody, who as always was avoiding him. So I send Patrick to Ryan in order to save my best friend.

"Melody, you gotta say him something. Or else this is going to happen for the rest of your life."

"You are the reason he have my phone number, what if he asks me why did I block him."

"He won't, because he knows his Juliet."

"Ew Hailey."

"I thought everybody would be throwing questions at me just when they see me."

"Don't you know, Justin told all of us not to ask you anything?"

I raised my eyebrowse when she gasped, "forget I ever said that."

It was the same view from last 6\5 years. Everyone was same, just not the circumstances. I think it's better now.