CHAPTER 37 | DADDY'S LASSIE

Hailey's POV

"Where have you been for last 7 days?", of course this had to be dad's first question.

"Please dad can we not talk about this?", I pleaded.

"Are you keeping the baby?"

"Of course we are, dad. Are you asking me if I'm killing my child or not?"

"I didn't want you two to sign those papers too. Because only I knew that he liked you and he won't ever do such things that might hurt you..."

"But you made the contract long before we knew each other. Dad will you tell me everything? Are there anything else that you're hiding?"

"Let me tell you from the very beginning", dad went to grab a chair and told me to sit too.

"Tell me", took my sit, I might have a good bed time story tonight.

"2001, I came to New York, more like fled away from Arizona. I and your mother were too young to handle Alaia and you."

"Why did you have to run away?"

"I kind of got into trouble with bad people and I did something bad..."

"Is this related to any of your undercover world?"

Dad hesitated for some moment,"I robbed and was about to get caught when I came here."

"Then you met Jeremy. And please don't tell me this was the reason we never went back to Arizona to visit grandpa and grandma!"

"It is the exact reason. And yes I met Jeremy here. He was also new here at New York. We became friends but there always was something that kept bothering our bond. I wasn't sure if I did wrong by telling him about the robbery that I took a part on. He was younger than me and had a little boy at Canada. But he was no fool, soon enough he told me about his illegal businesses."

"This is how he won your faith", I couldn't believe that my dad would do things like this. Though he always told me that there's always a tale to tell behind success. I should have understand that he had one too.

"Not only that, I also invested all my black money in his illicit properties. Profits came to both of us and we build our own empire that unveiled both of us to the world without our secret invests. Our construction and trade was going well. But no friendship stays strong when it comes to million dollar bills and profits."

"When did you split up?"

"2009. Of course only one of us got more profit than the other while the other had to go on bankruptcy."

"That was you, and that's why he lend you money, least to save your undercover business, didn't he?"

"And that's when he too made a prenup to seal his company with mine. So that whatever happens his money remains his."

Seeing me silent dad came to take my hand and said,"I won't say they are imposter. Jeremy did what he had to do to seal his wealth. I would have done the same if I was in his place."

"I wish I could spell myself to obliviate all the things I know. It just makes me feel more like a hostage",dad wipes my tears and hold me in his embrace.

"You don't need to feel bad honey, now that you and Justin are sure of the love you feel for each other you don't need to worry. Morever, he loves you enough to cancel the last deal of ours."

"He told me dad, but it's not that I'm worrying about. It's not about me or Justin or our child. It's about Alaia and Justin's siblings. I respect how Alaia choose to abandon your company. But don't you think Jaxon has the equal claim as Justin even after the companies will collaborate?"

We both looked to the doorway to see Justin clearing his throats.

"I'm proud of you for thinking this way but Jeremy has a lot than he shows",dad whispered tapping in my cheek several times and then went out leaving me and Justin alone in the room.

"That's the way Mrs Bieber should think",he came near and bended in knees in front of my chair,"But I'm there, you know you don't need to think about it."

"I know",I said, keeping in mind what dad said.

Justin kept his head in my lap and said,"His heart is beating fast."

"We don't know the sex yet."

"His heart beats like a lion, like me, he must be a man."

"Don't you want a baby girl?"

"I'm afraid some lunatic will break my princess's heart in prom night",he said and I chuckled.

"He might also love her like a madman."

He placed soft kisses on my lips and went back to keep his head in my lap.

Your first love is the person you will always compare everyone to, the person you will never truly get over, even when you have convinced yourself that you have move on.
[Dedicated]

THE END