CHAPTER 13 | TRUTH

~ And if you let go I'll float towards the sun
I'm stronger 'cause you fill me up
But when the fear comes and I drift towards the ground
I am lucky that you're around~

Hailey's POV

I was feeling sick a little bit so I decided to take a nap in the afternoon. But when I woke up I felt human presence in my room.

I tried to hear and detect the person in my room with my eyes shut. But when I heard nothing more than silence I got up and got scared to see Justin roaming around the room. He was wearing informal clothes for the first time in one week.What I saw next was him holding the red file that I stole from his reading room this morning.

The moment he turned his face to me, my fear reached the ceiling.

"Where did you get it from?"

"I found it in the reading room today and I was going to talk to you about this anyway."

"And when is that?"

I paused for a second. It was also true that there was nothing to say about this.

I opened my mouth,"This is why you restricted most of the part of this house, didn't you?"

"This is why no one knew my last name in school, don't you understand it?"

He left me in shock. I couldn't look at him and say anything because of guilty, when there was nothing to feel guilty about. Why didn't you tell me that you not only recognized me but also knew about the contract from the very beggining? My inner self screamed in anger.

Seeing me silent he says,"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I've always wanted to but you never gave me the chance."

My tears showed angerness and his eyes showed tenderness for the first time that was beyond my dreams.
I went to the washroom running not letting him say anything else.

I spent more than 15 minutes inside the washroom, hoping for him to go away, not wanting to feel anything. But I should not be scared of circumstances. This is my life, he's my husband and not a high school crush that I got over years ago. I must go and face him.

I wiped my face and went out to my room to find Justin still there, sitting at the edge of the bed, holding the file.
I accompanied him and sat next to him.

We may not be facing each other but the fear that I got in me was pushing me to run away from whatever was going on.

He starts,"Do you think you owe an explanation?"

"And an apology."

"I know what I did was wrong."

"Too wrong to treat a human like that, I only liked you."

"You didn't have to tell that to everyone."

Man! Dont get started that way again!

I was getting a bit angry by then,"I only told some of my friends and almost everyone had connection with your group, this is how it spread. I didn't go around  telling everyone that I like you because there's only a little amount of people who knew you. Rest of them didn't because you were never regular to school."

I realized that I was yelling when I finished.

He said in a rested voice,"You could've stopped them."

"So could you. They were your friends too and you can't deny it."

Huge silence appeared in the room that was filling with regrets.

"From when did you know about the contract?",I asked.

"2011"

Damn, there was nothing that I could say after knowing that 'my crush knows that we are going to be married one day'