CHAPTER 10 | ECHO LOST IN SPACE

Hailey's POV

A sound of breaking something solid made me jump from my bed. I turned to see my alarm clock and it was only 6 in the morning. I got up and went to check out if something was wrong.

I was walking in the hall when I saw Justin working out and it was then when I realized that I shouldn't have came out of the room in my night gown. But the first thing that caught my attention there was a framed paper crashed and broken on the floor.

On the other hand Justin was in another corner of the room continuously working out. He couldn't be more careless.

I was going back to my room cursing him for waking me up so early. I couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided to cook something.

I freshen up and went to the downstairs and straight to the kitchen. The maids were already working. When I announced that I want to cook breakfast everybody looked up in my way. I wasn't being bossy, was I?

Back in my home my dad never let me cook, my mum also forbidden the cook so that I was away from the kitchen. It's not that I'm a bad chef, my parents just can't imagine my finger bleeding while I cut the onions.

The girl named Stella is a very sweet girl. I got to know about her while she was helping me make waffles. We were talking and doing our jobs when all the maids stopped working and stood straight.

"What's wrong?"

"It'd be good if you don't step into the kitchen and also, let my workers do their job", I moved my eyes to the doorway and here he was standing with his arrogant attitude.

"Can't I even c..-"

"No you can't."

He could have let me finish my word. Plus, He can't order me around. A girl set up the table and arranged food. I didn't bither waiting for Justin and start to eat like I was hungry for years.

"Get yourself some manner, you're gonna eat the whole room up", God knows where the hell does he come from in a twinkle of an eye.

"Get some good behavior first", I was trying to be a creepy wife too, because he insisted.

"Are you going to go to your office?"

"Where else I would be going at this time?"

"Why can't you answer me straight?"

"As if you are asking any reasonable and 'straight' question!"

No reply, no problem.

"No offense." I finished the clueless conversation and got up from dining table so that I could go and get ready for work.

It killed me inside seeing him not touching those waffles at all, not emotionally but egoistically.

I was afraid of Justin getting to know about my meeting with Ryan.

Forget it, Ryan's my friend too. Even if we were not in touch for years.

Noon

I was busy signing some papers when I realized it was already 1:29 pm. I rushed to my car and to the restaurant I was going to meet Ryan Good.

I entered the pub and soon I found Ryan waving at me.

I hope it goes well, aah this was going to be awkward!!