CHAPTER 17 | HIS NIGHTMARES

Hailey's POV

I freshen up and went for bed. I couldnt stop thinking about the question answer session with the reporters and our dance.

I was checking my Instagram feed and as each second passed, my eye lids got closer and closer. I fell asleep.

I didn't have trouble tonight to fall asleep like other nights. But it was around midnight when my tummy urged for food. I had a light sleep so I woke up and went to kitchen to grab some snacks. I scolded myself for not filling in at the party.

I didn't care to take the cardigan over my tank top and shorts because no one in the house was going to roam at this hour, not even ghosts. I went to the kitchen and took a bucket of ice cream. I also took some pringles with me. I went back to my room to eat and watch pitch perfect 2.

I went downstairs to put the dirt and uncleaned plates in the kitchen. When I was going upstairs I heard a rushed sound from Justin's room. I didn't bother to care and walked straight but the sound soon turned into moaning and crying. I ran to his room and saw him throwing his arms and legs here and there as if he was in pain. He was crying and begging.

"Plea... please, don't", moaning,"not her, spare her"

I got a little scared by then. I was also surprised by the action of this ruthless human. Being a good hearted person and not caring about our situation and the fact that my dress was inappropriate I climbed on his bed to sit beside him. I reached for his head and placed him in my lap. I shushed him and tried to calm him down,"sh,sh, everything will be fine, I'm here."

I have nothing else to say that can console him. So I ran my fingers through his hairs. Slowly, he started sobbing and moaning and then nothing at all. He looked comfortable. I should be cursing him but the situation made me feel bad for him.

.

.

.

Hailey's POV

I woke up and hugged the pillow so tight to stretch my arms. The view of my room had suddenly changed I guess?!

It took a little longer for me to realize what happened last night and that I was in Justin's room in my night suit, sleeping callously exposing most of my body parts for anyone see. I grabbed the blanket from the edge to cover me up and sit down.

Justin walked out of his closet and looking all fitted he said,"Can I talk to you?"

I raised my eyebrows to point out that I needed to change my dress before that.

"Don't flatter yourself", he said looking straight into me through the mirror.

I stayed quiet so he spoke first,"I guess you need to change your attire", almost smirking at me.

.

.

I went to my room with his blanket around me. I got ready and went for breakfast when Stella told me that breakfast was served in the patio today.

I went outside to see the patio beautifully settled for meal.

I meet Justin's gaze and went to sit next to him. Probably we both wished not to talk first.
Anyways, someone had to start,"Aren't you gonna ask me how I ended up on your bed?"
He sipped his juice and looked at me,"It's okay, very few girls can control...I understand."

Pervert.

"Don't give yourself compliments."

We both eating and sipping at the same time to avoid conversation. When Justin was almost convincing himself that I went to his room on my own will I called him,"Justin"

Pause

"You cried last night in your sleep, you said to spare someone you wanted to save. Whom were you talking about?"

"Are you jealous?"

"I'm serious",He became motionless after seeing me tensed.

"I don't know, people might have random nightmares, not a big deal",pause,"What made you come to me? Why do you care?"

"I have saved some humanity inside me."

We ate rest of the meal talking about his new deal with the Martin's. I also told him about some new deals and offers I've got.

The whole day passed under pressure of works and loads...