Death timer

Third Person P.O.V

In a world where soulmates exist, Taehyung wants nothing more than meet his fated one.

But at the same time, he was afraid to meet them. What if they don't like him? He doesn't want a love that's because of obligation.

Even though they're fated to be lover, Taehyung wants love that is real not forced or faked.

There's soulmate cases where a girl who was already in love with someone else met her fated one, she did be with them, but love that's forced never works out.

The girl suffered terribly. Her soulmate gave nothing but love and comfort but her heart never stop longing for someone she couldn't have.

She died, successful and have a life that's envied by many people but never once in her whole life she was truly happy.

Taehyung never wants him to be like that. He knows for a fact that he would loves his soulmate unconditionally the moment he meets them.

He has been waiting for his soulmate since he was a child. Always looking at other pairs and daydream about his soulmate, he already loves them even before he meets them.

But his soulmate might not be the same. They might already love someone else. Might already married.

If that ever happens, Taehyung will always step back and let them choose what they want to do with their life.

Yes, he loves his soulmate. He doesn't want to let them go but if they aren't happy with him, what's the use?

If he truly did love them, he should always makes their happiness his top priority. So if letting they go can make them happy, then he will gladly do that.

He's not the kind of person who tied the person he loves down. He's the opposite. Always been.

Taehyung was also afraid of the timer. The death timer.

Meeting soulmate was a blessing but knowing their death timer was a curse.

It was something that everyone gets. Your death timer was on your wrist and only your soulmate can see it.

You might think it can prevent death but no. Death was inevitable. But fate can be changed.

There's some cases regarding this.
For example, a person who suffers from cancer and only have 3 years to live was still alive after 10 years. Their cancer are gone too.

Their timer counts up slowly after they met their soulmate. It's a miracle but it rarely happens.

The timer was never wrong. It could count down faster than usual and it can even count up though that's unusual.

What Taehyung could do was pray to god that he didn't even believe. For his soulmate to live long. He didn't care about himself. Just let his soulmate live.

With a heart filled with hope. He prayed every night.

But that hope crushed the moment he met his soulmate.

Jeon Jeongguk was a gift from god. A blessing. Taehyung couldn't ask for more. He won't ask for more.

Maybe people would call Jeongguk a mistake, society trash because of his black attire, his tattoo and his piercing ( and his attitude), but to Taehyung, he was no different than an angel.

He's perfect. Kind hearted, so so beautiful that Taehyung feels like crying. So pure. So ethereal.

His smile was as radiant as the sun. Maybe more. His eyes. Oh god— Taehyung could literally sees the galaxy in it.