Present 3

Lorien found himself walking down the wide corridor, full of air, full of light. He happily made his way through the sea of curtains, always soft to his touch, as he moved them out of his way. His nostrils were again filled with the comforting scent of morning dew, strawberries and cinnamon.

"Come to me Lorien..."

Again the mysterious whispers reached his ears as he glided down towards the wall with the painting and the mirror.

"You must choose, Lorien..."

"Left or right..."

He took a deep breath and turned to his right. And that is when he looked at the painting and his breath caught in his throat.

The painting was oil on canvas, depicting what could only be described as a love scene. Two figures stood intertwined in the foreground, in an embrace that evoked feelings in him that were erotic and sensual yet soft and loving at the same time. One figure was silver and the other gold. They were so close that it would have been difficult to distinguish between them were it not for their different colours. Yet it was quite clear that both figures were male.

In the background, the sun was setting low in the sky, tainting the whole atmosphere in oranges and pinks. Yet, higher up, the moon had already begun to sparkle, ready to start spreading its light for the night ahead.

Lorien looked away for a second, just in time to see a door a few paces away. He then looked at the painting again and woke up.

He realised he was alone in bed; Koray was no longer next to him. Across the room, Wilford was snoring softly in his bed.

His mobile phone said it was 1:23am.