CHAPTER 23

There was a buzz of excitement throughout the school the next day. News of the end of year competition had spread like wildfire and all students were currently setting up appointments with their mentors who would be guiding them throughout the creation and completion of their works. All finished pieces had to be presented by the end of June, so everyone was busy with sketching and drafting initial ideas that would eventually develop into masterpieces worthy of winning the first prize.

Lorien had already finished the sketches and was eagerly showing them to his tutor.

"This is a very interesting concept, Lorien. Have you already thought of a name for it?"

"Balance of the Skies, Sir."

"Oh?"

"You see, the time of day is a particular one. It's that rare short moment when both sun and moon are in the sky, the sun about to set, while the moon is about to start its work. And the figures represent the sun and the moon and how, although they are opposites, they find a way to reach out to each other, even if for a short period of time."

"Seems like you have it all figured out. Medium?" his professor asked.

"I was thinking oil on canvas, Sir."

"Good choice. Make sure you get a good quality canvas. Also take note of the size. Too small, and you won't be able to capture all the detail; if it's too large, you'll have blank spaces that would take attention away from the focal point. Good work Lorien, get going. And remember, this work must not be shown to anyone, understand? That's a fundamental rule of the competition. Disobedience leads to immediate disqualification, understand?"

"Clearly, Sir."

"Have you booked your sessions?" the professor asked.

"Yes, they have already been noted on the board."

"Great, keep up the good work and good luck."

Lorien left the art room, his sketches tucked under his arm, on his way to go place them in his locker. His phone dinged showing he had just received a text message. 

Lorien did not even have to knock. As soon as he reached his boyfriend's room, the door opened and Ty walked out.

"Hey, Ty," Lorien felt that the tall guy was still cold towards him but he never said anything to Koray, knowing his friendship with Ty was as special as his was with Drey.

"Hey, go right in," Ty mumbled, walking down the corridor.

As soon as Lorien, went into the room, he was engulfed in an embrace, with Koray's lips meeting his softly.

"Hi Darling," the way Koray looked at him always took his breath away.

"Hello to you too," Lorien smiled as Koray pulled him to sit beside him on his bed. "Is everything okay?" he asked as he could not help but notice that Koray was looking at him rather seriously.