Chapter One

They told me I crashed a car, a stolen car

The crash was so bad, I was lucky to be alive. I was left with the, as far as they know permanent, damage of memory loss.

That couldn't be it, I thought to myself. I didn't even have my license yet, in what world would I have stolen a car to drive it, then crash it?

Then again, I don't have a place to deny it or try to, I have no memory of it whatsoever. I have no memory of practically my entire junior year.

Being aware of the fact you have no memory of seven months of your life, it's bone chilling. The incessant and almost painful wonder of just what it is you've forgotten.

What ever happened to me, stolen car or not, it had to be bad enough to wipe my mind the way it did. For the last few months of my junior year, I spent ninety-nine percent of my time in rehab and visiting several specialists to ensure I had no further mental complications.

Doctors were trying to figure out what the hell happened and why, why do I remember everything else but this one chunk of my life. Things I'll never remember again.

As if almost seven months of my existence just don't exist themselves.

This was by far the hardest thing I've gone through within my life, even harder than my parents dying a brutal death. I was the product of a naive mom, who couldn't see the signs of an abusive relationship with a sociopath.

The crazy bastard couldn't even be charged either, he proceeded to shoot himself through the roof of his mouth, after sending a shot from the same gun into the back of my mothers head, all in the garage of the home I was raised in until that day.

I can't say that all affected me too much, I was too young to understand it. Of course it's completely disturbing that I was the spawn of someone so vile, but he had serious mental issues clearly, all sorts of untreated illnesses he was diagnosed with.

My grandfather has raised me since the day it happened when I was three years old.

He was heartbroken to lose my mother, she wasn't that old, and she was a good person so he told me. She loved love, she always wanted to get married and have kids, she was born to nurture. Unfortunately her heart blinded her from reality.