Chapter Thirty One

I was scared out of my own skin as I stood outside her dorm door

I was scared out of my own skin as I stood outside her dorm door. I felt hot, sweaty, my nerves were getting the best of me.

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy..

I brush my hair back and let out a deep breath. "You can do this, just be honest." I attempt to calm myself down.

"Worst case scenario—I lose the first girl I've ever been in love with. The girl I've been in love with for so long and didn't even realize it until this year." I whisper to myself and internally face palm.

Fuck I was an idiot.

I should've known I was in love with her the day I lost everything to keep her in my life.

Bella got sent to Brighton before I did, she didn't even deserve to be here but there was no way around it. She set fire to her childhood home after her father tried to rape her.

I remembered the night she did it as clear as day.

The phone call, her voice blaring through the phone screaming and crying.

I ran like hell all the way to her that night, I watched her house as it went up in flames.

As we heard sirens and fire trucks, we ran away into the bush and up in the rocks behind the houses of her street.

We ran and hiked upwards until we were at the top of the highest rock. We could see the flames from her house and the abundance of smoke in the air. I sat on the rock as she layed in my lap, balling her eyes out as we both watched her house turn into nothing but a pile of ashes. After everything that happened to her that night, she still wanted me to touch her, hold her and comfort her.

She was broken and I was all she had.

The next day, word spread quick of what happened and only a select few knew that Bella was the one who started the fire.