Chapter Forty Two

It was nearing the end of the night now

I had the best buzz in the world and it still didn't block out the fact that Grace has definitely been avoiding me since we left the house.

She hasn't said one word to me tonight and everytime she's been dancing with everyone and I join, she ends up moving.

I brushed it off so it didn't ruin the whole night, but as it got later and it went on longer, I got more and more frustrated with how she was dodging me.

Ultimately it made me wonder, what the hell did I do to bring it on?

I mean there had to have been something to make her decide she wants to shut me out, unless she's totally bat shit crazy and just randomly wants to.

I doubted that though, considering I knew her like the back of my hand.

I know her body like the back of my hand too..

As she dances with Rory I make my way to the guys, having their last few drinks at the bar before the night is over. I sit myself between Niko and my brother. Ryer and James being on the outside of either end.

"What's up my brotha from anotha motha! Tonight's fucking crazy huh?" Niko pats my back drunkly and excitedly.

"I feel like—it's just—sometimes I feel—you know?" He slurs and questions me drunkly. His eyes weren't even open.

"Didn't catch any of that man, it's like talking to a sim right now." I push him up straight by the shoulders.

This guy needed to get better at handling his alcohol. I was drunk right now, but you'd never fucking know.

It's usually the drugs that get me to act loopy and stupid. Booze is just a great mood enhancer, which is funny since it actually a depressant.