Chapter Forty Nine

Have you ever felt like you were flying?

You can clearly see your feet are still on the ground, yet you feel so weightless and light, as if you're hovering over the ground.

I felt like I was flying across the hallways of the hospital.

Indulging in everything I remembered was oddly the last thing on my mind, I mean it was when I finally remembered the most important thing I've forgotten.

The love of my life

Just like that, nothing else mattered except getting to him as fast as I could and telling him.

Telling him I'm here, that I remember him, that I love him.

I ran with everything I had in me once I made it out of that hospital room, nurses and doctors yelled for me to stop but I kept running, my hospital dress was flowing in the wind I created with my running.

My hair fell behind me as my feet carried me across the halls. When I finally made it to the elevators, they were completely full, and I had no time to wait.

I turned around and kept running towards the staircase, I was sobbing my heart out as I ran, I couldn't help it.

I just needed to see him, after all of this.

I needed to see Vincent.

My boyfriend.

I was trying to distract myself from the thoughts along the lines of me forgetting him.

The strings of my heart were teasing to a snap every time I thought of it.

He was the love of my life, he is the love of my life.

And he had to go through all of this.

Alone.