Chapter Fifteen

What I told Niko was the truth, I had planned on visiting my grandpa then returning to school, but traffic delayed the time that I arrived there, by the time I finally made it to the house I would've had to leave right away to make it back to school

So I stayed home.

My papa called in and gave them consent for me to be off school campus, they also wanted proof I was there and that he wasn't just covering for me so they video called my grandpas computer and we had a brief meeting.

They finally left us alone once they were sure I wasn't trying to sneak away from school, or that my grandpa was covering for me.

I found it really stupid in that moment, how high strung they were about students being on and off campus, but then I remembered there are literal murderers in the school, so it makes sense for them to get pretty worried about who's leaving the school grounds and why.

My night with papa wasn't the best, he wasn't feeling all that good after the call. He decided to go lay down in his bed and go to sleep, so I stayed on the couch almost all night watching tv. I wanted to go to bed, I kept dozing off and trying to wake myself up, I didn't want to be asleep just incase something happened and he needed me. I tried to stay awake and alert for as long as I could. Finally at around two in the morning I crashed, then I had to wake up before five to make it back to school on time for classes.

To make a long story short, I did not sleep—at all.

"You look like shit." Niko tells me as we sit in the caf, eating our lunch. I was hesitantly picking at the poutine I bought, I was too tired to be hungry.

Everything was nauseating.

"You really know how to brighten a girls day, Prince Charming." I give him a sarcastic smile.

Me and Niko were sitting across from each other as Ryer sat beside me and James was beside Niko. I was wondering where Vincent would be, I saw him in class but he didn't seem like he wanted to be anywhere near me.